Marriage...Are you safe?

If you were married in the Roman Catholic Church and if you have the marriage certificate to prove it are you safe in the eyes of God EVEN if you are NOT married to her in the eyes of God? And if you are NOT married to someone in the eyes of God will the marriage actualy work out until death does them apart or is that impossible?

huh? What do you mean “safe”?

safe from being cast into hell on judgment day

You’re safe, JWB. Remember the marriage certificate - hold it in your hands and pray for peace. The Sacrament was valid.

Remember that you have been to confession and been absolved of your sins committed before your marriage. You have done penance for your previous behavior many times over.

God does not want you to agonize over this any further. Will you follow Him?

I pray for your peace,
Elizabeth

[quote=J.W.B.]If you were married in the Roman Catholic Church and if you have the marriage certificate to prove it are you safe in the eyes of God EVEN if you are NOT married to her in the eyes of God? And if you are NOT married to someone in the eyes of God will the marriage actualy work out until death does them apart or is that impossible?
[/quote]

Anyone who attempted to celebrate the Sacraments of Marriage honestly and intentionally received the Sacrament. Anyone who attempted the Sacrament of Marriage by intentionally deceiving the Church or other persons won’t get away with it, for God knows.

[quote=ElizabethJoy]You’re safe, JWB. Remember the marriage certificate - hold it in your hands and pray for peace. The Sacrament was valid.

Remember that you have been to confession and been absolved of your sins committed before your marriage. You have done penance for your previous behavior many times over.

God does not want you to agonize over this any further. Will you follow Him?

I pray for your peace,
Elizabeth
[/quote]

Thank you Elizabeth, thank you, thank you, thank you! I truely believe God’s Holy Spirit has spoken to me through you. I can’t thank you or Him enough. Please always keep me in your prayers and you’ll be in mine:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.