Marriage in Trouble Husband Changed

I am a 30 yr women who has been married for 20 months,and been with my husband is 31 and we have been together for 4 years in total.

The last four months my husband has been taking antidpressants for his sever anxiety and agrophopia, has gone from being the most kind hearted loving gentle amzing man to a complete stranger this is our story

Our relationship has had many ups and downs highs and lows but at the end of the day our love for each other has got us thru

Since taking this medication we have been having the most horrible fights i recently found out he had gambled $10,000 (we are not wealthy)! He has became distant cold mean and nasty, he no longer touches my lovigly jokes or have fun with me, he has left me numerous times at home crying in hysteria only to say that he doesnt care that he upsets me, he has admitted that his feelings has changed for me and that his confused, he also has started a new business and has admitted that it is his priotiy, he also has a receptionst who openly flirts with him, i feel he has feelings towards her, he always defends her advances and treats me terribly when im around the two of them. He works untill one in the morning and so only see him briefly each day when he doesnt work goes out, he has been drinking and gambling, and has been avioding me and coming home like the plague I have researched that his form of medication makes people believe that they are no longer in love with their partner, live recklace lives with no regard of their actions. I am hurt and in pain, and as a result has shown him anger

He has no faith in God and is not willing to open his heart to him, I pray each day that he will let god in his heart, i pray for my old husband to come back to me the man i feel in love with who did his very best no never hurt me

Havenly Father
I come before you today with a heavy heart my marriage is in trouble and i nned your help.
Make changes in my spouses heart. Mkae us compatitable again, and bring us closer together
Fill us with your love and give us the strength to love one anthor, care for one another and fullfill your destiny for us
Show us the harm caused by careless words and the pain caused by emotinal distance
Bring us together, like we once were
Show us how to love one another again
Heal the division between us. Make us one again

In your name I pray Amen

My heart goes out to you dear woman. You have a husband on psychotropic medications, ones that would commonly change him into a different man.
I will pray for you and your husband.

But first I believe that you should visit whatever doctor has prescribed those medications for your husband. Don’t tell your husband you intend to do it just yet. You need to talk with the doctor and ask if your husband can take a different medicine that doesn’t have this bad side effect. Plainly tell the doctor how he has changed and what you are going through. This doctor should be able to help you by changing to a med without this strong side effect. You need to be made aware of this medicine and how it changes someone. No medicine should ever be given if it cauaes a marital break-up. Ask a good friend or your Priest to accompany you to the visit. If the
doctor refuses to change the meds for your husband you must report his actions to the board of his clinic, and to the local city or county area. NO doctor is allowed to prescribe medication or treatment he knows will change a person so that their marriage is threatened. Your priest should should be able to help you do this. A doctor promises first to “do NO harm” All doctors should be kept to this promise. You yourself should be frank in telling him what has happened. Please seek the help of your priest and continue to pray. Here, we care! Please if you wish, keep us informed.
I will pray a rosary right now for your needs, keeping your husband in my prayers, as he doesn’t obviously understand. I will pray that your husband will become healthy and will return your love in Christ.

In JMJ,
Deb E.

Dear Father, You are Almighty in the affairs of us all. We praise you for loving us. Please show this couple what has gone wrong and heal their
marriage, for Jesus sake. May the Holy Spirit help this true, honest wife and uphold her as you give her wisdom. Please Lord, speak to the heart of this man and wife, urging the husband to return to the wife of his youth, for they are married in your sight. Give this woman all the grace she needs to do these things she must, thorough Our Blessed Mother, Mary. Dear Jesus,
please give them back their loving, special relationship they had earlier, and bless them in all ways through their marriage. We continue to pray and seek your holy will for us all. Amen

My heart goes out to you dear woman. You have a husband on psychotropic medications, ones that would commonly change him into a different man.
I will pray for you and your husband.

But first I believe that you should visit whatever doctor has prescribed those medications for your husband. Don’t tell your husband you intend to do it just yet. You need to talk with the doctor and ask if your husband can take a different medicine that doesn’t have this bad side effect. Plainly tell the doctor how he has changed and what you are going through. This doctor should be able to help you by changing to a med without this strong side effect. You need to be made aware of this medicine and how it changes someone. No medicine should ever be given if it cauaes a marital break-up. Ask a good friend or your Priest to accompany you to the visit. If the
doctor refuses to change the meds for your husband you must report his actions to the board of his clinic, and to the local city or county AMA. NO doctor is allowed to prescribe medication or treatment he knows will change a person so that their marriage is threatened. Your priest should should be able to help you do this. A doctor promises first to “do NO harm” All doctors should be kept to this promise. You yourself should be frank in telling him what has happened. Please seek the help of your priest and continue to pray. Here, we care! Please if you wish, keep us informed.
I will pray a rosary right now for your needs, keeping your husband in my prayers, as he doesn’t obviously understand. I will pray that your husband will become healthy and will return your love in Christ.

In JMJ,
Deb E.

Dear Father, You are Almighty in the affairs of us all. We praise you for loving us. Please show this couple what has gone wrong and heal their
marriage, for Jesus sake. May the Holy Spirit help this true, honest wife and uphold her as you give her wisdom. Please Lord, speak to the heart of this man and wife, urging the husband to return to the wife of his youth, for they are married in your sight. Give this woman all the grace she needs to do these things she must, thorough Our Blessed Mother, Mary. Dear Jesus,
please give them back their loving, special relationship they had earlier, and bless them in all ways through their marriage. We continue to pray and seek your holy will for us all. Amen

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Ibelieve456), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

I am so sorry you are struggling and I hope you will speak to his Dr as one poster suggested. My prayers for you have been said.
Mary.

Mother Mary, please help Ibelieve456’s husband’s doctor to know that a new medication is necessary. Please help Ibelieve456’s husband to cooperate with his doctor and to change his life. Grant him and his wife the graces they need to persevere in faith and in a state of grace. Amen.

Praying for you and your husband.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you we cry, the children of Eve;
to you we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this land of exile.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us;
lead us home at last
and show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus:
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven Hallowed be Thy Name; Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dear Ibelieve456, We continue to pray for you & your husband!

St Rita, please pray for the marriage of this couple! Amen

Praying hard.

Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Oh Boy, have you got that right! :wink: Sorry Forum leaders :rolleyes:

I am praying that God Bless you both that you both may become closer to one another and closer to God

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you:)

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Ibelieve456), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you we cry, poor banished children of Eve,
to you we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us,
and after this our exile,
show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen

Hi Thankyou for all your prayers… Just a update

My husband left me one month ago, he said he no longer loves me, and left our house, after one week of seperation he stated he wants a divorce, it has been one month that we have been seperated and we have to put our house up for sale as we cannot afford to keep it due to his gambling. He is adamant he does not love me and really wants a divorce

My heart hearts how much i miss and love him i am so depressed that the man i married has left me, i do not beive in divorce and i pray that the lord will return to me the man i marred and reinstate the love in him that he once had

Dear God,I humbly ask you to please fill my husbands heart with love for me once more. Please show him he can have love and joy in being husband and wife once again. I humbly beg for the pain of our separation to end and that we can come back together stronger,closer, wiser and more grateful for every blessing. I pray he can see the worth in our relationship, please god, open his heart, mind and eyes. This separation is part of your divine plan, please help me to have faith that you will be merciful and forgiving and restore that which you once brought together.

I humbly beg this of you dear lord, and also for all those who are suffering

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.