Marriage preparation help

Hi all,

Me and my fiancee have set a date to get married on February 13th, 2011.

Im looking for some material for marriage prepartion. Any recommendations is really appreciated.

Thanks & God Bless.

I would highly recommend the book by Christopher West.

The Good News about Sex and Marriage

I’ve read it myself and thought it was really well written.

Aquinas and More Catholic bookstore has some awesome choices for those who are preparing for marriage. They are a very reputable bookstore and closely adhere to Church teaching so you can be sure that whatever you order from them is faithful.

Marriage Preparation books at Aquinas and More

and CONGRATULATIONS!!! :smiley:

Hi,
The USCCB Pastoral Letter
“Marriage: Love and Life in the Divine Plan.”

Catholicculture.org says:

*Marriage: Love and Life in the Divine Plan is at once a refresher course, an inspired homily, a deeper exploration of marriage than you’ve ever seen in one place, and a call to turn away from false contemporary views in order to reinvigorate our culture through the vocation of marriage. It succeeds admirably on all counts. It should be required reading not only for marriage preparation but for all married couples, no matter how long their marriages have so far endured. *

You may download a copy at the USCCB website here:
usccb.org/loveandlife/

My wife and I have attended this and highly recommend it:
“Together with Jesus couple prayer series” : coupleprayer.org/

–Tony
stagesofprayer.wordpress.com/

My fiance and I have also read Good News About Sex and Marriage by West. It is very good. I also want to read Love and Responsibility by John Paul II (I think he wrote it before he was Pope) and Three to Get Married by Fulton Sheen. They sound like really great books. They are on our getting married reading list.
Also, our priest likes Called to Love by Carl Anderson. It’s based on JPII’s TOB, like West, but I think it is written at a higher level. Our Bible study group is actually beginning to study TOB and using this book.
Have you registered for (or completed) Pre-Cana? That’s the course that the Church requires as preparation for marriage.
Congratulations!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.