marriage question

My wife and I were married in the Methodist church. My question is now that the two of us are attending RCIA together does the Catholic church recognize are marriage in the church.not just that we are lawfully m.arried?

If neither one of you has been married before and if neither one of you was baptized as a Catholic, then your marriage is recognized as valid by the Catholic Church.

[quote="MarkEzraB, post:1, topic:299699"]
My wife and I were married in the Methodist church. My question is now that the two of us are attending RCIA together does the Catholic church recognize are marriage in the church.not just that we are lawfully m.arried?

[/quote]

I am glad you asked this as my wife and I are in a similar situation...

[quote="Veronica97, post:2, topic:299699"]
If neither one of you has been married before and if neither one of you was baptized as a Catholic, then your marriage is recognized as valid by the Catholic Church.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I agree with Veronica.

Early in the RCIA program, they should discuss with the married/engaged people whether there are any impediments to them having their marriage brought into the church. Examples would be prior marriages where the spouse is still living.

Thank you for the answers. I thought we were OK. And neither of us have been married before or baptized Catholic.

[quote="MarkEzraB, post:7, topic:299699"]
Thank you for the answers. I thought we were OK. And neither of us have been married before or baptized Catholic.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.