Marriage Resource

Does anyone here have a good reference or links to what is or isn’t acceptable in marital intimacy?

I think the document Humanae Vitae is the most to the point and authoritative. It’s not easy to live by, though!

[quote="OpenSource, post:1, topic:235449"]
Does anyone here have a good reference or links to what is or isn't acceptable in marital intimacy?

[/quote]

Yes! Theology of the Body explains things... well, in great detail. There are good authors that have digested the content as well as studied at the JP II Institute that have written easier to understand books on the subject.

Theology of the Body for Beginners (West), The Good News About Sex and Marriage (West) and Holy Sex... (Popcak) are three good texts that are church approved for such information.

Such activities, while OK are also a matter of personal choice. If you or your partner are not comfortable with them, then you may need to find other mechanisms that are enjoyable.

I suggest you read one of these books together and discuss each chapter with your spouse. Being on the same page is critical.

[quote="newbetx, post:3, topic:235449"]
Yes! Theology of the Body explains things... well, in great detail. There are good authors that have digested the content as well as studied at the JP II Institute that have written easier to understand books on the subject.

Theology of the Body for Beginners (West), The Good News About Sex and Marriage (West) and Holy Sex... (Popcak) are three good texts that are church approved for such information.

Such activities, while OK are also a matter of personal choice. If you or your partner are not comfortable with them, then you may need to find other mechanisms that are enjoyable.

I suggest you read one of these books together and discuss each chapter with your spouse. Being on the same page is critical.

[/quote]

Those three books that newbetx mentions are excellent recommendations - each of them helped me!! They're great to keep on hand for future use, too. You can get paperback editions at Amazon for quite reasonable prices.

[quote="brotherjoe, post:2, topic:235449"]
I think the document Humanae Vitae is the most to the point and authoritative. It's not easy to live by, though!

[/quote]

I had not thought of recommending this but as I think about it, HV should be the right place to start. As I understand it, TOB was written as the detailed proof behind HV... so yes, I agree, HV is the right place to start.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.