Marriage schism?

I heard on Fr. Mitch’s show on ewtn that I really enjoy, a caller talk about possible schism. I guess it’s a worse sin than the sin you’re arguing about. Something Francis has put out or is planning that has to do with taking the host after being divorced and remarried without an investigation I am guessing. Fr. Mitch seemed to know what the caller was talking about and said several Cardinals are requesting clarification. Does anyone know what I mean? I guess in 2018 there’s going to be a synod too.

There is no schism happening, just some debating going on about a small footnote in the Pope’s recent Apostolic Exhortation, Amoris Laetitia (“The Joy of Love”). The secular media has blown it out of proportion. They are aligned with Satan and gleefully hoping for the Church to collapse. It will not happen, for Jesus has assured evil will not prevail against his Church (Matt. 16:18). As far as I know, the synod in 2018 will be focused on young people (“Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment”) and has nothing to do with the present debate.

Perhaps this thread has been misnamed. I guess it is these types of things that can grow out of proportion as in the past. When things aren’t clear. And have resulted in schism. I don’t mean there is one or is coming one. :slight_smile: Thanks I was wondering what was going on. But Fr. Mitch has mentioned several Cardinals that have called for clarification.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.