Marriage, single, or Priest?

If you are single why do you want to get physically married?

Would you be happy if you were called to stay single your whole life?

Would you be happy if God called you to be married to him though the priesthood or other orders?

I mean I know we single people want to get married to the opposite sex… I hope; some people seem hell bent on getting married, cause that’s all they dream of, but would you be able to accept it if you were to be called to another vocation then what you are expecting?

I’m sure a lot of people want to get married to start a family. Some have that want or calling to be a parent.

Marriage is always both spiritual and physical.

I want to be a nun. There are so many reasons why I don’t think it could ever work though…

Exactly. Having lost my immediate family when younger and seeing my extended family growing apart as their kids grow and have families of their own, and the older members die, having a wife and kids are the only way for me to have a family.

If I knew I could handle lifelong celibacy, there is a chance I’d already be wearing a collar.

[quote="ChibiViolet, post:4, topic:284135"]
I want to be a nun. There are so many reasons why I don't think it could ever work though...

[/quote]

If God wills it, then it definitely can work out.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.