Marriage status advice needed


I recently returned to the Catholic Church, but prior I was married outside the church under a justice of peace to a non-believer and we have a 1 year old son.

Presently my wife is very resistant to raising our son as Catholic, and to attending church. I attend church and confession on weekdays.

I would like to be obedient to church doctrine, but I don’t know what I can do in my circumstances. Should I stop receiving communion? If so how can I resume this precious sacrament?

Thank you


Welcome to the forums. Feel free to post your question in the appropriate forum. Probably family life. There are too many serious issue here to be addressed in the “popular media” forum.

Good luck.


I advise you speak to a priest as soon as you can. The issue of being Catholic and being married outside of the Church would need to be addressed. You can discuss all the circumstances with a priest and he can tell you what you need to do.


Go do I move or delete this thread? I posted he by accident.


DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit