Marriage

Hello everyone, i had a question about marriage… i wanted to know back in time how did they get married, did they just b together and b commited or did they get married by church?

[quote="ggfamily, post:1, topic:246514"]
Hello everyone, i had a question about marriage.. i wanted to know back in time how did they get married, did they just b together and b commited or did they get married by church?

[/quote]

Please use English and not text speak.

Of course many people throughout time have lived together without marriage. This is a sin today and has always been so.

The form of marriage for Catholics has varied through the years, but has always included the exchange of consent and also following civil law on marriage.

Hi ggfamily!

Welcome to CAF! I hope you find CAF to be as great a resouce for your spiritual life as I have. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time if you need help with anything whether its spiritual or just learning the ropes for CAF. Now on to your question...

"Marriage" in the sense of a ceremony prior to a life-long committed sexual relationship dates back to as far as history can.

[quote="ggfamily, post:1, topic:246514"]
Hello everyone, i had a question about marriage.. i wanted to know back in time how did they get married, did they just b together and b commited or did they get married by church?

[/quote]

Well, let me remember, Salomon had 300 wives and 1000 concubines. Shall we make a dissertation about the subject ?

Shall we consider that marriage? marriages? "Concubinages" ?

Cheers, :thumbsup:

Welcome to CAF

All are welcome, all are welcome, all are welcome in this place.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.