marriage

I am a catholic married to protestant. Marriage at their church by
Signing a bond paper that I will live according to their rules and beliefs. Is it possible to convert back to Catholic. My husband permits for that. But he is not willing to convert
to catholic

I am a Roman Catholic from birth and my wife was southern Baptist she and my daughter are in the process of converting to Catholic…I will keep you in prayer that God will speak to your Husbands spirit to become Catholic, just stay in prayer for Him…

Our Father
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Give him time. Show him what it means to be a Catholic. You could probably stil live by the rules of his Church (as long as it is line with Catholic teachings) and still be a good Catholic. May God bless you and your husband. I pray that God use this for His glory and our good.

Welcome home!

We don’t “convert back” to Catholic. If you were baptized Catholic, you are a Catholic. Generally, if you have been away from the Church, you need only make a good confession to return. If you were married outside the Church without a dispensation from your bishop, you must have your marriage blessed by the Church. Talk to a Catholic priest about how to do this.

see:

catholicscomehome.org/

I married a protestant in his church, too. Didn’t sign or verbalize anything, the pastor was okay marrying two baptized Christians. The pastor was an ex-Catholic so we married with those traditional vows. My husband DOES want to be Catholic. I am writing this all here because it has taken us a year now since we first tried to make an appointment with a priest and we are no nearer now in joining the church than we were last year.

We have no marriage issues (divorce, annulments,etc) but have bee told so many different things. Please make an appointment and talk to priest. I pray it doesn’t take you as long as its taken us.

Talk with your priest about bringing your marriage into the Church. Then you’ll be able to go to confession and resume the sacramental life. Your husband doesn’t have to become Catholic.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Praying for you and your husband.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for you & your husband.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Prayer for a Loved One’s Conversion to Catholicism (Colossians 1:9-14)

O Father, in the name of Your Son Jesus, and in the power and authority of the Holy Spirit,
with the knowledge of Your will,
I ask that You fill ancymary and her husband with the knowledge of Your will through ALL spiritual wisdom and understanding.
Enlighten this precious child of Yours, dear Lord!
Teach this dear one to live in a manner that is worthy of You,
so as to be fully pleasing to You,
full of good works bearing good fruits and ever growing in knowledge of You.
Strengthen this lost lamb, dear Lord,
with every power of Your Holy Spirit,
in accordance with Your might, for all endurance and patience,
with joy, giving thanks to You O Father!
Make Your child fit to share in the inheritance of the holy ones in the Light.
Deliver this beloved one from the power of darkness
into the kingdom of Your Beloved Son, Jesus,
and transfer ancymary’s and her husband into the kingdom of Your Beloved Son, Jesus,
in whom is redemption and the forgiveness of sins.

Amen!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.