Married, divorced, annulment, remarried, death of ex spouse

I have been interested in becoming a Catholic and in my research I see that a divorced person cannot receive communion which to me is very important. My history is complicated.
Married at 18. I loved my husband very much.
He was a non practicing Catholic, I was Baptist.
We were married by a Lutheran Minister.
My husband was unfaithful many times, I was forgiving many times.
After 18 years he left and remarried.
I also remarried, and have now been married 24 years.
My first husband had our marriage annulled as his new wife was converting to Catholicism.
Last year my ex husband died.
My new husband is baptized, as am I.
I am a member of a Bible church and have been drawn towards the Catholic church.
I have read that non members cannot receive communion.
Will converting to Catholic church allow me to receive communion or would I still be banned?
I thank you in advance for your advice.
Kat

Welcome, Kat.

Divorced Catholics may receive communion.

Divorced Catholics who remarry without an annulment may not receive Communion.

Those who have a legal divorce and have received an annulment from the Church are free to “remarry.”

You have a annulment from your first husband and he has died. Either one of those allows you to have a valid marriage with another man.

Non-Catholics are not able to receive Holy Communion.

If someone joins the Church, they do receive Holy Communion.

Rosemary, thank you very much for your answer which clears up my confusion on remarriage and communion. I’m very happy.

Please call your parish office and ask to speak to the Priest or Director of Religious Education to explore your interest farther. RCIA is Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults where you would receive all the information you would need to help you through this process. God Bless

LROH thank you for your advice. I have had a phone conversation with my local parish to ask if I could visit a mass and what are the do’s and don’ts for a visitor. Wasn’t sure where to start and thought that might be a good first step. Next Sunday is my first visit. I have been listening to mass online (beautiful) and learned the Rosary (also beautiful). I bought the ‘Catechism of the Catholic Church’ as Catholic Answers refers to that and both have been a wealth of information. I look forward to the RCIA. I must confess with my previous religious training the CC would have been the last place I would ever be…but I strongly feel that God saved the best for last. I am thankful for His direction and patience with me and thankful for the help on this forum. God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.