Married for a long time, but I have questions

I’ve been married over 30 years, and I have been having some very real and difficult moral issues. My husband has a multitude of health problems from diabetes to cardiomyopathy. He is unable to achieve an erection at all. This does not bother me in the least. I am well over child bearing age, and, in fact, I have no desire for the sex that he can’t give me. But, he is still wanting to try because it apparently is important to him. I cannot bring him to an erection, and he is always left frustrated If he does not have an orgasm.
I had no idea, until recently, that mutual masterbation was mortally sinful for married couples who can no longer have children. I know that he will not be happy about this and I don’t know how to break it to him. He is also Catholic, but was not raised in a Catholic home, simply baptized, and received Holy Communion as a child. He attends mass on Sunday, I believe to appease me, but the is borderline at best.

Any thoughts on how to let him know that we can’t do what we would do before?

I wish I had answers for you ,I will pray and hope that others who are more knowledgable will help you out,God bless

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.