Married lesbian ‘throuple’ having a baby

news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/married-lesbian-throuple-doll-kitten-and-brynn-young-from-massachusetts-are-having-a-baby/story-fnet09y4-1226894843171

Civil unions, same-sex “marriage”, and now a push for the next logical steps, polygamy, being one of them.

From Massachusetts - no surprise there.

The Department of Social Services bothers couples over many things yet they don’t have a problem with this child. They allow gay and transgendered couples to foster children in the state.

Three people in a "married"relationship and a new baby. Sick.

I am sure our Romneycare will cover the cost of the pregnancy.

Being from MA all I can say is that the nonsense of this State is beyond my understanding.

Per the photos, I wonder a bit if the person “Brinn” was born a woman.

The Sun is the source for this story, so that is a bit questionable, it would be a bit like using the National Enquirer as a source.

I searched for a bit more but found nothing. I find the story questionable but possible.

What a medical miracle! In a threesome of women, someone impregnated someone else!

Oh, excuse me, turns out there was a man involved! Anonymous sperm donor. The new model of fatherhood.

Looks like the loser here will be the child.

Yep, same-sex marriage is not just a ‘slippery slope’, it’s a white-lithium greased, downward rocket powered slope.

And I’m sure we here in Massachusetts will (sadly) lead the way in legalizing polygamy. And because we’re equal-opportunity, polyandry, too!

I really feel sorry for the baby. How confusing…

It won’t be confusing for the child because it will be growing up with it and by the time it learns what the majority of people do, they will be used to it.

Although it a situation I would ever pick to have a child, why do you automatically feel sorry for this child. If the child is well taken care of and kept safe what does it matter who raises it.

Does anyone remember the show “Full House” where the men raised 3 girls together. They were not gay, but it is a similar situation. It showed that children could be raised happily without both a mother and a father. The most important thing in any child’s life is they are loved and have a family, whatever that might be, to call their own.

You are comparing this to a TV show where a man lost his wife and ended raising his children with the help of family and friends. Wow.

What will they teach the child. According to the article that it OK to have sex with as people that you want - at the same time. This child should should be taken away and given to a loving family.

Some of the replies to this thread sadden me. I’m not saying how I feel about the situation either way, but I think it’s silly to blame this on the Legalization of same-sex marriage. This has nothing to do with it. We would all have the same reactions (id assume) if this were a three-way relationship that involved one man and two women or two women and one man.

It is not the fact that these are three lesbians that are the problem, if you see a problem. It troubles me that lately everything seems to be blamed on the gay people.

What does that even mean?

The LGBT people I know find this distasteful too.

Some natural born women suck at passing too.

The Sun is a rather dodgy publication.

This is good, but then I can’t help asking them the question, “If they approve of SSM, why can’t they see the underlying principles that open the door for polyamory, in the name of equality?” I know some posters have explained how the suggestion is offensive to some in the LGBT camp, but just because they find it offensive and don’t want it, doesn’t mean the principle isn’t being put in place. Note that I am not playing a blame-game. I think of it like Christians who are okay with contraception, but not SSM. They don’t see the inconsistency, so they react on gut feeling.

Opinion stated, and I promise not to pursue so as not to go too off-topic.

Can someone explain to me how this kind of thinking that selfishly and deliberately denies an innocent child his basic human right to a stable loving family with a mother and a father is no longer considered a mental illness of defect?

Originally Posted by gam197 View Post
From Massachusetts - no surprise there.

The Department of Social Services bothers couples over many things yet they don’t have a problem with this child. They allow gay and transgendered couples to foster children in the state.

Three people in a "married"relationship and a new baby. Sick.

I am sure our Romneycare will cover the cost of the pregnancy.

originally posted by Joie de Vivre

What does that even mean?

There is a pregnancy with 3 " women" who have no problem with group sex - think anything goes, all is great and want to teach their child that.

First I am just questioning whether the state will pay for the pregnancy which I am sure it will.

At one time in Massachusetts, catholic social services was a very active agency but they gave up that service because they refused to have gay foster and adoptive parents.(just stating the facts)

Second, so now we have a child being born into a gay, “group sex” situation and nobody in Massachusetts’ Department of Social Services has a problem with that. It just shows how the state’s “values” have changed.

Well, except that a same-sex “marriage” is at the center of the story.

We would all have the same reactions (id assume) if this were a three-way relationship that involved one man and two women or two women and one man.

I agree with that.

It is not the fact that these are three lesbians that are the problem, if you see a problem.

IF we see a problem?

It troubles me that lately everything seems to be blamed on the gay people.

It troubles me that every time something like this comes up, a poster on this, a Catholic forum, throws a statement like that in the face of anyone who has an issue with a story like this.

Fact: Two of the women are “married” to each other. Fact: The two consider the third also “married” to them. Fact: All three are gay.

Question: Is it inappropriate to mention that this story involves same-sex “marriage” and/or that the three women are gay?

Peace

Tim

I meant “transgendered couples” which I bolded.

Sorry," transgendered" doesn’t really play into this, I guess except Massachusetts has laws on" transgendered" foster and adoptive parents also.

This doesnt surprise me, I was watching a show the other day, they were talking about the future of genetics and family planning and saying in the near future, no one will actually have to have sex to procreate, and the most shocking, only 2 parents will be a thing of the past, they claim pretty soon, someone wanting to have a child, (even if its 6 different men), geneticists can take ‘material’ from each of them, combine them to create one child!

They claim any number of people or combinations of sexes can make a child, even if its 100s of different people!!! Amazing to see where we are heading!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.