Martin Luther King Jr's Niece Blasts Harry Reid on Abortion Bill-Slavery Comments

lifenews.com/nat5756.html

The niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is upset by the comments Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made about opponents of the pro-abortion Senate health care bill. Reid compared opposition to the bill, which funds abortions, to the 19th-century debate over slavery.
Reid on Monday said Republicans opposed to the bill were displaying the same mindset as those who supported slavery.
“If you think you've heard these same excuses before, you're right,” Reid said. “When this country belatedly recognized the wrongs of slavery, there were those who dug in their heels and said, ‘Slow down, it’s too early, things aren't bad enough.’ ”

Please click on the link to read the whole story.
Boy, did Sen.Reid take on the wrong opponent...and put his foot squarely in his mouth. :tsktsk:

She's awesome and he can't use the race card against her. :) Good for her.

“Senator Reid has written a bill that would force Americans to pay for the abortion of babies and he implies that opposition to his efforts is evil? His comments are outrageous," King said.
“It’s Senator Reid’s bill that treats unborn humans like property. If anything, it’s his actions that should be compared to support for slavery," she added.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

IMHO Mr Reid is very dumb if he doesn’t understand this. And, If he does understand it but continues…

[quote="DihydrogenOxide, post:2, topic:179392"]
She's awesome and he can't use the race card against her. :) Good for her.

[/quote]

Oh, don't think he won't try. Let's see how long it takes before people start calling her a sellout, or questioning whether she's truly "black enough". This is the way liberals think.

If Harry Reid had half a brain, he would never have said it. Because Alveda King is obviously right--abortion is like slavery, because it treats people like things. You'd think that pro-abortion folks would keep away from that comparison like it was a snake about to bite them. Here's hoping it does. :D

--Jen

No, you’re right. It’s the truth. Rev. Jackson tried the same thing with T. Woods recently.
That’s a shame that it has to be that way, but it’s also a terrible that people will bow down like cowards to the race card.

So there comparing our opposition of abortion to the opposition of slavery, funny weren’t the opposers to slavery saying the slaves weren’t human, don’t proponents of abortion say the unborn baby isent human?:hmmm:

It’s even more identical than that!

Slavery defenders said that the federal government had no right to restrict slavery because the slaves were nothing more than the chattle property of the slave owners. Slavery apologists argued that individual states had the right to choose for themselves whether or not they permit slavery and that it was unjust for the federal government to deprive them of their freedom of choice on the matter.

Though they avoid the word “chattle” like plague, abortion advocates today take the EXACT same legal stance: unborn children are not persons, they are merely the chattle property of the mother.

Reid is foolish to make the comparison. Go get him, King!

Reid cheapens the issue of the horror of American slavery with his frivolous comments. His is typical commentary from the left.

I find it quite intertaining that the very same people who defended slavery (democrats) would have the utter audacity to try and blame Rebulicans for the very thing they upheald. (personaly I think Mr. Reid forgot his history lessons) Womans sufferage? Democrats opposed it
Abortion? in our time Democrats support the idea that a baby is subject to his mothers rights of her body even if this means the utterly painful death of its own. Just as Democrats were for the rights of slave owners to beat and torture thier slaves as property belonging to them with no rights of their own. Just as they supported a mans right to beat his wife as his own property, to give her no rights of her own.

I am not a Rebublican. I have to laugh at this myself. They have never been for giving another rights. Only themselves over another.

Race cards tumble out of the liberal Democrats' sleeves when they shake hands. It astonishes me that anyone takes the ploy seriously anymore.

its all about money, always has been

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.