Mary and Islam

mariedenazareth.com/1764.0.html?L=1

Any input from the Muslims? Since when do you pray to Mary? :confused:

Don’t bother asking about the confusion between both “Miriams”, though… I started a thread on that long ago that pretty much exhausted the whole subject without any real explanation.

[quote=JSmitty2005]mariedenazareth.com/1764.0.html?L=1

Any input from the Muslims? Since when do you pray to Mary? :confused:
[/quote]

Muslims pray to NO ONE but Allah. Not Mary, not Mohamed, not Jesus, not Abraham, not Moses…and the list goes on.

As for the Quran confusing Mary, mother of Jesus and Mary, sister of Aaron… God does not call Mary, the sister of Aaron…but the people who she lived with did. It was when she came back, being unmarried, with a child. The “sister of Aaron” is used to refer to her piety…meaning, how can she do such a thing. It’s used many times in the Quran.

[quote=exoflare]Don’t bother asking about the confusion between both “Miriams”, though… I started a thread on that long ago that pretty much exhausted the whole subject without any real explanation.
[/quote]

Thats really unfair Exoflare. You were presented with several explanations, all of which were backed up with proof from the Quran itself.

[quote=Faith101]Muslims pray to NO ONE but Allah. Not Mary, not Mohamed, not Jesus, not Abraham, not Moses…and the list goes on.
[/quote]

Then I suggest that you email the website and express your concern because they have overstepped their bounds in trying to make us appear to be united more than we are.

[quote=JSmitty2005]Then I suggest that you email the website and express your concern because they have overstepped their bounds in trying to make us appear to be united more than we are.
[/quote]

I’ve done that before, with other sites, and i rarely get a response.

But you are right…this is definitly worth a try.

thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.