Mary and sinning?

Greeting in Christ Jesus, Friends!

I have a great love of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, and I was thinking recently about this very thing when a question rose to my mind.
I hope you can help me.

Mary was concieved without sin (it is my understanding she was concieved without original sin). Does that mean that Mary was sinless throughout her entire life of not only original sin, but of sinning at all throughout her life? I know that this is a great gift from God, but She is human and if she never sinned at all in her life, doesn’t that put her in danger of being compared to Jesus and being somehow linked to the divinity of God?

Thank you for your replies.

Jade.

[quote=Jade]Greeting in Christ Jesus, Friends!

I have a great love of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, and I was thinking recently about this very thing when a question rose to my mind.
I hope you can help me.

Mary was concieved without sin (it is my understanding she was concieved without original sin). Does that mean that Mary was sinless throughout her entire life of not only original sin, but of sinning at all throughout her life? I know that this is a great gift from God, but She is human and if she never sinned at all in her life, doesn’t that put her in danger of being compared to Jesus and being somehow linked to the divinity of God?

Thank you for your replies.

Jade.
[/quote]

She did remain sinless. This does not put her in danger of being placed with God as divine because first and foremost she is a creature. Second of all, God calls us ALL to be sinless. Would He ask something of us that was impossible? Of course not. She cooperated with His grace more than anyone crated human being in history. She heard the Word and kept it.

Hope that helps.

[quote=Genesis315]She did remain sinless. This does not put her in danger of being placed with God as divine because first and foremost she is a creature. Second of all, God calls us ALL to be sinless. Would He ask something of us that was impossible? Of course not. She cooperated with His grace more than anyone crated human being in history. She heard the Word and kept it.

Hope that helps.
[/quote]

Thanks Genesis!

Mary remained without sin her entire life. It’s hard for us to imagine when we compare it to our own lived experience. On the other hand, we recognize in our prayers that Mary was full of grace. That grace was God’s gift to Mary that helped her keep from sin. I believe another indication that she was free of sin was her own assumption into Heaven. It seems appropriate that God would only take her this way if she was spirtually and dressed for the occasion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.