Mary Bashing......(HELP)

You guys and girls. We have a problem. I was just on this forum called talkingtruth.org We need some good apologetics over there. They are completely trashing the Mother of God. Please help!!!
would like a reply

I’m afraid that you will find that all over the internet. We should all spread out and teach.

[quote=ChristopherMich]I’m afraid that you will find that all over the internet. We should all spread out and teach.
[/quote]

Well what are we waiting for…I’m game, I’ve been on that sight all day and need some help…

I would say a rosary first. Then, I would ask the people how they would feel if somebody trash-talked about THEIR mother. I would ask then if Jesus wouldn’t feel pretty upset to have them talking trash about HIS mother.

Imagine claiming to “love Jesus, love God”. . .but despise, insult and ridicule Mary. We are told to “love our enemies”. . .if these people see Mary as an enemy, then where’s the love which CHRIST told us to give? If they don’t see her as an enemy, then what about the “loving our neighbor as ourselves” commandment again which CHRIST told us to do?

Either way, they’re not “talking the talk” of Christianity. . .

I’m reading it now. So pretty narrow minded people I would say.

[quote=dbrown]You guys and girls. We have a problem. I was just on this forum called talkingtruth.org We need some good apologetics over there. They are completely trashing the Mother of God. Please help!!!
would like a reply
[/quote]

Well I don’t intend to go over there, but maybe you could remind them that Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if we get offended by evil comments about our earthly mother, how do they think it doesn’t offend Jesus ?
If they say bad things about Mary, believe me Jesus is offended, part of the reason for the first Saturday devotions.

[quote=ChristopherMich]I’m reading it now. So pretty narrow minded people I would say.
[/quote]

Thats my point. They won’t listen I figured if we could get enough people over there it might help… Peace be with you.

Count Me In Guys

[quote=STIOFÁN]Well I don’t intend to go over there, but maybe you could remind them that Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if we get offended by evil comments about our earthly mother, how do they think it doesn’t offend Jesus ?
If the say bad things about Mary, believe me Jesus is offended, part of the reason for the first Saturday devotions.
[/quote]

I’ve done all that and they don’t seem to care, or they don’t get it. Or maybe both…

Read the posts under Christopher and back me up. I’m asking questions that are being raised here, and apparently they just ignore me.

[quote=miguel delgado]Count Me In Guys
[/quote]

Woooo Hoooo! Now were gettin some where. Thank you.

i would highly reccommend that anyone want to dump, knock, disrespect the Mother of God… well, i tell you what you don’t do…

don’t stand to close to them…

yeah, get way back…

just don’t stand too close to these people… yep, stay as far away from them as you can… you might not want the splatter all over you…

[quote=dbrown]I’ve done all that and they don’t seem to care, or they don’t get it. Or maybe both…
[/quote]

Oh well sorry, I’ve had my experience with some pretty horrible anti-Catholic sites.
There is one called x-citian, it’s the worst, a bunch of atheists, after 2 or 3 postings the moderator, blocked me.
I still logged on via proxy server, then decided to leave them to it, good luck with it, but my Irish temper might just get the better of me.:o
Maybe it’s time to shake the dust from your sandals !

Well Looks Like I Will Be A Regular There, And Remember

Viva Santa Maria De Guadalupe, Reina De Mexico

[quote=ChristopherMich]Read the posts under Christopher and back me up. I’m asking questions that are being raised here, and apparently they just ignore me.
[/quote]

I’ll be back later. I have to pick up my son from school. Peace be with you. And thank you all for helping me defend our Mother…

No problem,drive safely and god bless!

I posted some on the site and the replies are trying to be reasonable - they don’t get the difference between reverence and idolatry and worship and what a group of people do and what the Church sanctions etc etc etc. That’s ok. We, as Catholics, are properly defending a valid doctrine of faith and doing so with Love.

I am there too,Lisa4cats;) Babtistboard.com rejected me when I used my regular call name:D

[quote=godsent]No problem,drive safely and god bless!
[/quote]

I,m Back. I just checked out the other forum and they just don,t get it. I will pray for them… But in the mean time I will continue to defend the Truth…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.