mary did sin according to luke 2:48??

i was listening to a christian radio station and they had this pastor talking about how Mary says so herself in Luke 2:48 that she was looking “anxiously” for Jesus. and being anxious is a sin according to somewhere else in the bible he quoted, i don’t remember where cause i was too livid to write it down. anyway, any comments on this latest attack to the immaculate conception dogma. My husband just stated this is the same type of person who would say Jesus sinned by throwing over the tables in the temple.

Not hardly. Any mother who lost their child would be more than anxious. Anxiety is only a sin if it’s overblown, unjustified. Losing a child isn’t one of those reasons.

If they consider that sinful, what do they make of the Agony in the Garden!?!?

No, it was not sinful. If she didn’t care that her child was lost, that would reveal a lack of love, which would surely be a sin.

found who it was…
Rev. Dan Corner (Director of “Evangelical Outreach”) www.evangelicaloutreach.org
His book “Is This the Mary of the Bible?” He shows scripturally how she isn’t.

Yes, he’s right…

He’s revealing the Mary of his interpretation of the Bible.

this is from his site…another former catholic… geez!

“As a former Catholic who in times past prayed the Rosary and wore the Brown Scapular, it is my sincere prayer that all Catholics will carefully examine this book. In it you will read: (1) The present-day official position of Catholicism on Mary and (2) What the Bible says about this. This book is not an attack on the Mary of the Bible. Please remember this important fact. Instead you are being shown that the Mary of the Bible is not the Mary of Catholicism. They are two totally different people, though each share some common characteristics. This evangelistic tool will provide an excellent way to reach your beloved, sincere Catholic friends with the truth about this salvation issue.”

Yeah whatever…

I love them, but the fact is they are getting our “sour milk” and we are getting their “cream.”

www.chnetwork.org

Excellent point ! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:slight_smile: i never thought of it that way:thumbsup: we sure are getting their cream of the crop! i just get saddened by those who will leave the church without looking for the truth in their own backyard first before believing what someone else says. :banghead:

Now that is grasping at straws to try to prove a point. His anxiety over the Marian dogmas must be quite high, and he is quite anxious to prove Catholics are wrong, to come up with something like that.:wink:

This site uses Mark 3 to show that Mary thought Christ was insane!!!???

Personally, I’m tired of scripture being taken out of context.

The author claims that the “family” in Mark 3:21 is revealed as Mary and His brothers in Mark 3:31.

I researched the parallel translations of Mark 3:21, and the consensus is obvious:

NASB: When His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, “He has lost His senses.” (NASB ©1995)
GWT: When ***his family ***heard about it, they went to get him. They said, “He’s out of his mind!”(GOD’S WORD®)
KJV: And when **his friends **heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.
ASV: And when **his friends heard it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.
BBE: And when
his friends **had news of it, they went out to get him, saying, He is off his head.
DBY: And his relatives having heard of it went out to lay hold on him, for they said, He is out of his mind.
ERV: And when **his friends heard it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.
WEY: Hearing of this, His relatives came to seize Him by force, for they said, "He is out of his mind."
WBS: And when
his friends **heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.
WEB: When **his friends **heard it, they went out to seize him: for they said, "He is insane."
YLT: and **his friends **having heard, went forth to lay hold on him, for they said that he was beside himself,
Douay - Rheims: …his friends

Clearly, friends is not the same as immediate family. Also, relatives doesn’t necessarily mean mother. The word family doesn’t even necessarily mean His entire immediate family.

The Greek word translated here is para, which seems to mean friends or those near to Jesus. The Greek word genos is the word for kindred, and it is not used in this verse.

Quite a stretch.

I have that book and I can tell you its so unscholarly that it is laughable. The book reads like one long Chick Tract. If anyone wants to learn more about how to defend Mary by studying the objections, White’s Another Redeemer is better (although obviously flawed).

There is a video out there that’s not good enough to qualify as a heap of fiery dung.

Hey, I just wanted to warn you…

christiananswers.net/catalog/messages-vs.html

Go to “Watch Entire Movie” (…just don’t do that to yourself.)

It’s hard to have any respect for these people when they promote this trash. At least they could be reasonably honest, and try not to distort what we truly believe.

Here’s a brief rebuttal to it:

davidmacd.com/catholic/mary_messages_from_heaven_video_movie_documentary.htm

i am really feeling bad for his mother, she must be soooo saddened that he’s left the faith and has now made it his life mission to pull others from the faith. i am sure she would love it if we all said a rosary for him, Dan Corner, to see the truth and come back to the faith. heck maybe even wear his brown scapular again. someone needs to put a green scapular close to him without his knowledge!

Thank you to all who participated, this thread is now closed.

Mane Nobiscum Domine,
Ferdinand Mary

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.