Mary/Didache

Was Mary mentioned in the Didache at all. I know that generally devotion to Mary didn’t come 'til a few centuries later. Is that true for the Didache (and the early Church fathers, too)?

I don’t recall Mary being mentioned in the Didache. I’ve read the Didache 3-4 times.

Considering when its written or was being written, Mary was probably still involved with the Church. The dating is now considered to be 40-60 AD. The earliest account of Marys death is from Hippolytus of Thebes, dating at 41-AD. He wrote many centuries later though 7th-8th century.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FHippolytus_of_Thebes&ei=7DerU_bbOZGPqAaRy4LQBw&usg=AFQjCNGvm8A1XGbWZw35TMfHQubJNb2Nyg&bvm=bv.69620078,d.b2k

No, the Didache purpose was to tell Christians how to live a godly life. Instructing what to do before mass, how you should follow the commandments, how to baptize etc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.