Mary & Jesus. Homeless on Christmas Eve?

Dear Forum,

At the turn of the 1900’s, on the cover of the Christmas issue of an American Christian Journal it posted the following thought-provoking statement;
[size=]“HOMELESS ON CHRISTMAS EVE” [/size]

The homeless mother wondered out in the cold, while the joyful celebrations went on inside. This made remember a Christmas Meditation that has made its way around in the past years;

**MARY’S CHRISTMAS DREAM
*"I had dream, Joseph. I don’t understand it, not really, but I think it was about a birthday celebration for our Son. I think that was what it was about. The people had been preparing it for about six weeks. They decorated the house and bought new clothes. :slight_smile:

They had gone shopping many times and bought elaborate gifts. It was peculiar, though, because the presents were not for our Son. They wrapped them in beautiful paper and tied them with lovely bows and stacked them under a tree. Yes a tree, Joseph, right in their house! They decorated the tree also. The branches were full of glowing balls and sparkling ornaments.:wink:

There was a figure on top of the tree. It looked like what an angel might look. Oh, it was beautiful! Everyone was laughing and happy! They were all excited about the gifts. They gave the gifts to each other, Joseph, not to our Son. I don’t think they ever knew him, they never mentioned his Name. Doesn’t it seem odd for people to go through all that trouble to celebrate someone’s birthday if they don’t know him? I had the strangest feeling that if our Son had gone to this celebration, He would had been intruding!:confused:

Everything was so beautiful, Joseph, and everyone was so happy, but it made me want to cry. How sad for Jesus, not to be wanted at his own birthday party! I am glad it was only a dream…How terrible, Joseph if it had been real!" *** :sad_yes:

It made me wonder… Have things changed much in America since the 1900’s? Are Jesus and His Mother going to find themselves at the center of our Christmas celebrations or… are they going to still be’Homeless on Christmas Eve’? ****

Let’s never forget who the Birthday boy is!! :sad_yes:

Sincerely,

Edward Henry

To Jesus through Mary :thumbsup:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390767_259703890750639_100001330893190_677895_324747657_n.jpg

At the turn of the 1900’s, on the cover of the Christmas issue of an American Christian Journal it posted the following thought-provoking statement: “HOMELESS ON CHRISTMAS EVE”

Have things changed in America?

**MARY'S CHRISTMAS DREAM

*"I had dream, Joseph. I don’t understand it, not really, but I think it was about a birthday celebration for our Son. I think that was what it was about. The people had been preparing it for about six weeks. They decorated the house and bought new clothes.

They had gone shopping many times and bought elaborate gifts. It was peculiar, though, because the presents were not for our Son. They wrapped them in beautiful paper and tied them with lovely bows and stacked them under a tree. Yes a tree, Joseph, right in their house! They decorated the tree also. The branches were full of glowing balls and sparkling ornaments.

There was a figure on top of the tree. It looked like what an angel might look. Oh, it was beautiful! Everyone was laughing and happy! They were all excited about the gifts. They gave the gifts to each other, Joseph, not to our Son. I don’t think they ever knew him, they never mentioned his Name. Doesn’t it seem odd for people to go through all that trouble to celebrate someone’s birthday if they don’t know him? I had the strangest feeling that if our Son had gone to this celebration, He would had been intruding!

Everything was so beautiful, Joseph, and everyone was so happy, but it made me want to cry. How sad for Jesus, not to be wanted at his own birthday party! I am glad it was only a dream…How terrible, Joseph if it had been real!" *

It made me wonder… Have things changed much in America since the 1900’s? Are Jesus and His Mother going to find themselves at the center of our Christmas celebrations or… are they going to still be ‘Homeless on Christmas Eve’?

Let’s never forget who the *Birthday Boy *is! **

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7c8pizPztkQ/S-j1xH-FWCI/AAAAAAAAAFY/1apg4jtUPf4/s1600/apindex244-oraziogentileschi_1565-1647_madonnaandchild_je-jpg.jpeg

THE BIRTHDAY BOY!

How can anyone celebrate a birthday party without inviting the Birthday Boy?

Beautiful Posts!
Thank You

We should always remember the Homeless and Poor at Christmas and everyday through the year.

**PRAYER FOR THE POOR
Who is Jesus to me? Jesus is the Word made Flesh. Jesus is the Bread of Life. Jesus is the Victim offered for our sins on the Cross. Jesus is the Sacrifice at Holy Mass for the sins of the world and mine. Jesus is the Word - to be spoken. Jesus is the Truth - to be told. Jesus is the Way - to be walked. Jesus is the Light - to be lit. Jesus is the Life - to be loved. Jesus is the Joy - to be shared. Jesus is the Sacrifice - to be given. Jesus is the Bread of Life - to be eaten. Jesus is the Hungry - to be fed. Jesus is the Thirsty - to be satiated. Jesus is the Naked - to be clothed. Jesus is the Homeless - to be taken in. Jesus is the Sick - to be healed. Jesus is the Lonely - to be loved. Jesus is the Unwanted - to be wanted. Jesus is the Leper - to wash his wounds. Jesus is the Beggar - to give him a smile. Jesus is the Drunkard - to listen to him. Jesus is the Little One - to embrace him. Jesus is the Dumb - to speak to him. Jesus is the Crippled - to walk with him. Jesus is the Drug Addict - to befriend him. Jesus is the Prostitute - to remove from danger and befriend her. Jesus is the Prisoner - to be visited. Jesus is the Old - to be served.
To me Jesus is my God, Jesus is my Spouse, Jesus is my Life, Jesus is my only Love, Jesus is my All in All, Jesus is my Everything.
Amen.
(By Mother Teresa of Calcutta.)

Amen! :thumbsup:

He is the Only Reason for the ***Christ***mas Season! :angel1:

:christmastree1: HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :christmastree1:

To Jesus through Mary :thumbsup:

Sadly, nothing has changed all that much. Christmas is still celebrated without inviting the Guest of Honor and birthday boy, Our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Happy Birthday Jesus:thumbsup:

When thinking about the poor, the unwanted, the ignored and forgotten during the Holy Christmastide and as we should be all throughout the year I think of the following reflection below.

A noted poet was once asked in an interview if he could explain one of his poems “in ordinary terms.” He replied with some feeling: “If I could say what I meant in ordinary terms, I would not have had to write such poem.

From the time of Christ’s birth, the people of God have felt compelled inwardly to write poems about Christmas, composing a single stranded paean of praise spanning down through the centuries, because ultimately the meaning of Christmas resist being fully spelled out “in ordinary terms” Some strands in these poems recur consistently, albeit with infinite varied nuances, becoming as familiar and necessary to the whole of the rhythm of the author. One such nuance is the ever-incredible paradox of the powerless Almighty-as, for instance, in the words about the Incarnation by Saint Hilary, Bishop of Poitiers in France: “We hear the one at whose Word the angels and archangels tremble, cry like a child.

Other poets speak of the infinite mercy of God, of Hope renewed, or the motherhood of Mary. Still other poetic strands, instead, seem to startle us with a flash of intuition, suddenly casting a new light on what we already know: God became human that we might become human (“St. Augustine”). And through all these poetic strands runs a joyful refrain giving tongue to our deep-seated need to worship: “God’s Son became a human being. All our efforts to fully understand this great mystery are in vain. All that we can do is what the shepherds of the field did...namely, worship, believe and praise God.
No one who has been exposed to any part of this sublime mystery can fail to be affected by it. And yet so often a gnawing doubt assails us:

Our “real” Christmases, the ones we celebrate with decorated trees and Christmas presents, seem to be lived out under the fluctuation of two very different and yet related realms in society. One is the world of suffering: all that public and private anguish, loneliness and destruction that appear to be irreversibly cut off from the “good cheer” of the season which seems in fact only to deepen the sense of despair for those unfortunate enough (the poor included) to be caught (“on the outside”) of Christmas; on the other hand is the realm of the “Mammon” or the material wealth and greed of society, which seems to have appropriated Christmas for itself, retaining all the appearances of pious sentiment, of lights and color (“and of course, the essential exchanging of gifts”), while emptying our “real” Christmas of all else and in the process, compounding the loneliness and despair for the poor who live on the “outside” of Christmas.

It is a wonder how such devout Christian beliefs and practices of a simpler age can hold out against such a harsh reality in this world.

(“God’s Only Beloved Son becoming human is not some light-hearted carefree event in time. In reality it is a scandal when one contemplates the wood of His very crib one day becoming the wood of His Cross. God meets us in the lowliness of a child”)
This then is reality; it is the suffering world, desperately in need of redemption, that cried out for God to come into our world. God answered unexpectedly by becoming a small infant child destined to be martyred. The Christmas celebrated in our secular society, is an illusion that we children of God are called to penetrate and reclaim for reality. “God became human. We did not become God.

The human dispensation of suffering continues, and it must continue (“if we have something in common with Christ’s suffering”) but it is consecrated by God. And we have become more. We have also been strengthened. Let us trust our life, then, because the holy Eve and Season of Christmas has brought us Light. Let us trust life, because we do not live it alone. God lives it with us.

Written by a Jesuit Priest (“Alfred Delp”) awaiting execution by the German Nazis.

There's an old Russian peasantry tale that goes back centuries ago which has propagated a curious tradition. Its about an old woman, the Baboushka, who was at work in her house when the Three Wise men came from the East and passed her way to Bethlehem to find the Christ-Child. "Come with us they said:" "We have seen his star in the East, and we go to worship him."

I will come, but not now the woman said; I have much housework to do, and when I'm finished, I will follow and find Him. But her work is never done. And the Three Kings had passed on their way across the desert, and the star shone no more in the darkened heavens.

Baboushka never saw the Christ Child, but she is still living and searching for him. And though she did not find him, out of love for him, she takes care of all his children.
The tradition has it that she believes that in each poor child whom she warms and feeds, she may find the Christ Child whom she neglected long ago.

But she is not doomed to disappointment, for the Divine Child said; He who receives one of these little ones in my name, receives me.

Author Unknown.

Matthew 2: 1-3
"Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for, I tell you, in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven that one of these little ones should not be lost."

Jesus, you who took the little children into your arms, let our hearts echo this welcome to all whom we meet. Let us heed your message of love and see the Holy Child inside every person we encounter in these days leading up to your Holy Birthday and always.
Amen.

May God reward you for posting this Edward Henry we should never forget the Reason for the Season is Christ Our Lord and the images of Our Lady, Our Lord, and St. Joseph are very beautiful.

God bless,

goforgoal

[quote="goforgoal, post:10, topic:180598"]
May God reward you for posting this Edward Henry we should never forget the Reason for the Season is Christ Our Lord and the images of Our Lady, Our Lord, and St. Joseph are very beautiful.

God bless,

goforgoal

[/quote]

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your prayers. May the Holy Family intercede for you and for all your loved ones throughout this Christmas Season and in the coming New Year.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/388921_259635017424193_100001330893190_677417_863314855_n.jpg

HE IS THE ONLY REASON FOR THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!

There’s an old Russian peasantry tale that goes back centuries ago which has propagated a curious tradition. Its about an old woman, the Baboushka, who was at work in her house when the Three Wise men came from the East and passed her way to Bethlehem to find the Christ-Child. “Come with us they said:” “We have seen his star in the East, and we go to worship him.”

I will come, but not now the woman said; I have much housework to do, and when I’m finished, I will follow and find Him. But her work is never done. And the Three Kings had passed on their way across the desert, and the star shone no more in the darkened heavens.

Baboushka never saw the Christ Child, but she is still living and searching for him. And though she did not find him, out of love for him, she takes care of all his children.
The tradition has it that she believes that in each poor child whom she warms and feeds, she may find the Christ Child whom she neglected long ago.

But she is not doomed to disappointment, for the Divine Child said; He who receives one of these little ones in my name, receives me.

Author Unknown.

Thank you for these thought-provoking reflections. :slight_smile:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/383330_259627954091566_100001330893190_677345_1605827915_n.jpg

May Joseph and Mary always find lodging in the “inn” of our hearts.

Wow, this was a pleasant surprise to discover, the message is getting around, and it is being passed on in a video by children! :thumbsup:

'Mary's Dream' By Children

Now I’m sad. Our Christmas is genuine at midnight mass, then it turns to rabble, noise, and drunkeness by evening when the family arrive.

My parents and grandparents were good people, but it seems an imperfect upbrinding really does have consequences that last a long time.

Great thread. My kids and I are new to Christianity but my 7 year-old decided we had to back a birthday cake for Jesus the other day. :)

Thank you very much for sharing this Edward Henry and not only that thank you so very much for posting the beautiful images of Our Blessed Lady and Our Lord Jesus.

I thank the Blessed Virgin Mary for her “yes” in giving us her Son.

I hope and Prayed you had a Blessed and Holy Christmas.

God bless,

goforgoal

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.