Mary.... Just Mary.

In this thread I intend to treat the subject of Mary in various ways. I will write about subjects such how Mary’s role in our savlation is more than just intercessory prayer, how she was created by God to be her Son’s perfect helpmate and to share in his mission to redeem mankind, and any other subjects which I feel like writing. Lets see what happens.

Since I cannot control what anyone posts, I won’t try by laying ground rules about the intent of my posts or what can and cannot be dicussed. The only thing I request is this: please do not sin.

Going further, my intent is to not repsond to any posts but simply to write my own thoughts (lets not take bets on how long that lasts) which, to the best of my knowledge, are in line with Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition as safeguarded and taught by the Magisterium of the Church. Feel free to discuss and debate, or to just read, but again, please don’t sin.

I hope to visit this thread and just write, and so without further ado…

I think I’ll go get dinner. :smiley:

-Tim-

If you will excuse my incursion on the little blog space you have established for yourself here, I’d like to share a fantastic quote from St. Louis de Montfort about Marian devotion:

“Do not worry about loving Mary too much – you will never love her as much as Jesus does.”

Salve Maria!

Mary is not optional…

God is infinite. God is eternal. God is perfect. God alone is God.

God replied to Moses: I am who I am. Then he added: This is what you will tell the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you. (Exodus 3:14)

Man is finite. Man is not perfect. Man is held in existence by God, but man is not God.

***But by the grace of God I am what I am, *(1 Corinthians 15:10)

Man sinned, and God devised a plan for our salvation. God alone truly knows what’s good for us. God alone truly knows what is best for us, and he always gives us what is best for us. We can reject what’s best for us, and even reject what’s good for us, but God’s plan for our salvation is good for us. The plan God came up with for our salvation is the best possible plan. It is the perfect plan. We know that God’s plan for our salvation is best because it came from God. God is God, and whatever God does for us, and whatever God plans for us, is what is best for us. God’s plan is the perfect plan because it came from God.

For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jerimiah 29:2)

This isn’t made up. This is part of the faith - de fides - of the faith - given to us by God. God willed Mary’s role in the redemption of mankind and willed Mary’s role in his plan for the salvation of souls. Mary’s role in God’s plan is part of the deposit of faith, revealed truth about what God does. It isn’t extra, like ketchup on french fries, bolted on like an aluminum spoiler on the back of a '99 Honda Civic, or optional like power windows and a sunroof. Whatever Mary’s role in redemption and in salvation is, it is integral to our faith. God willed it. God said so.

The communion of saints is part of God’s plan. The Eucharist is part of God’s plan. The Holy Father as Vicar of Christ on earth is part of God’s plan. Confession is part of God’s plan. Worship, thanksgiving, praise, humility, the passion, death and ressurection of Christ, the beatific vision and the ressurection of the dead are part of God’s plan. Mary is part of God’s plan. God’s plan is perfect. God’s plan is not optional.

God had limited possibilities. He included Mary in the plan of salvation. If there were a better and more beautiful plan then God would have given it to us.

-Tim-

Love it!:slight_smile: I do love Mary and I tell her so daily.I thank her for being my spiritual Mother.How good is Our Lord,that He shares His Mother?:slight_smile:

This is a discussion forum. If you simply want a monologue and are not prepared to debate then you should set up a blogsite and talk as much as you want.

Or you know… set up a Marian group at your parish where you can actually talk about it. You know, not just type things which are TLDR. :smiley:

See Black Knight

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.