Mary Poppins and the Blessed Virgin Mary

Check this out:

vestalmorons.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/mary-poppins-and-the-blessed-virgin-mary/

That is terrfic :smiley: Thanks for sharing it!

VERY interesting. Thanks!

Wow ...
Awesome link ...
Thanks!

:flowers:

If you haven't seen the "Star Wars and the History of Vatican II" post (which is on the same blog), check it out:

vestalmorons.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/star-wars-and-the-history-of-vatican-ii/

Mary Poppins is actually portrayed in both the Movie and the fantastic Stage Show(which I had the priviledge of seeing last year) as a Christian character, in particular because of the very obvious implications of the song "Feed The Birds", which Walt Disney himself realized was the heart of the film version(and was his favourite song). The reprise to me is gut wrenching because the bird lady has, in my opinion, died and the father realizes what a wonderful person he could have known had he taken the time.

Poppins herself embodies the very ideals of peacekeeping, she is compassionate, loving, understanding and well diciplined in the art of bringing peace and true order to the lives she affects. And that particular song sums it all up in one.

If you haven't seen the "Star Wars and the History of Vatican II" post (which is on the same blog), check it out:

vestalmorons.wordpress.com/2...of-vatican-ii/

I wonder if they got one for Halo. I definitely would like to read one if they have it already.

No unfortunately … not yet.

Wonderful! Now I want to watch this movie again. Julie Andrews... what a classy, excellent actress.

Huh… this makes me want to watch Mary Poppins again! I haven’t seen it in a while – thanks to DisneyFamilyMovies.com I’m going to #VOD tonight! #Disney #Disneymovies #MaryPoppins

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.