Mary problems facing new Pope?

I saw this on another message board that I visit and wondered if anyone here knew the answer. This is the first time I have ever heard anything like this before.

OK. I read somewhere ( I don’t recall where…) that one problem the new Pope will face is deciding whether or not he should sign a new dogma stating Mary as co-mediator and co-redeemer with Jesus Christ, Himself.

If that isn’t bizarre enough, the article went on to say that Pope John Paul II believed Mary should be, but he wouldn’t sign the dogma because he was against women being priests, and this would allow them to be.

Anyone know if this is true?

Thanks for your help.

I’ve never heard the part about him not wanting to define a Marian dogma because he was against women priests.

As for those titles, some people are pushing for them, but they don’t seem like dogmas to me, they’re just titles that have a certain meaning.

G3:15 has it right

[quote=TylerWS]I saw this on another message board that I visit and wondered if anyone here knew the answer. This is the first time I have ever heard anything like this before.

Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with women being priests. Have you ever read *The Glories of Mary *by Saint. Alphonsus Liguori? Try it and you will understand. Mary has been called the Mediatrix and co-redemtrix for many, many centuries.

[quote=TylerWS]I saw this on another message board that I visit and wondered if anyone here knew the answer. This is the first time I have ever heard anything like this before.

Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

It sounds false to me. The coredemptrix and medatrix would have nothing to do with women ordinations.

Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

No i don,t think it’s true , otherwise the feminists would have had a field day.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.