Mary speak

How does Mary,the mother of God speak to you?
How do you know she is there?

Thanks.

There have been many times that I have felt the presence of Our Lady. But two stick out in my memory the most. One happened right before I even started RCIA to become Catholic. I was praying a rosary novena to ask Mary to help me with my decision to start RCIA and on the 8th day, I felt the most calm reassurance that everything was ok and that I was making the right decision. I know it was Our Lady comforting me. The second time that really sticks out in my head was a time when I was very, very upset about something. I was truly bawling and crying my eyes out and I went in the bedroom and got in the bed and just cried and cried. Then i prayed for Mary to just comfort me. I wasn’t asking anything in particular, just for comfort. Well, about 2 or 3 minutes into this crying fest, my new little kitten that I had rescued from the roadside (he had been alone with no other cats around) jumped up in the bed and cuddled next to me and I fell asleep within a few minutes with him curled up under the covers in my arms. So what does a cat have to do with Mary you ask? I had heard several stories that connect cats with Mary. One is that when baby Jesus was born, there was a cat that curled up next to him to keep Him warm at night. In the story, Mary gave her blessing that the cat could sleep next to Jesus and comfort him. And this is why some say that many cats have an “m” shape on their foreheads. So, I think that Mother Mary had something to do with my little fella curling up next to me that day so I would be comforted.

But there have been loads of other times that I’ve been praying the rosary or any Marian prayer or simply asked Mary to pray with me or comfort me that I have felt the prescene of her there. I have even smelled roses before, which is a sign of Mary as well.

I know Our Lady loves us, and prays for us… because she is the Mother of God; and through Our Lord’s great love and generosity… she is also our Mother. “When Jesus saw His Mother and the disciple there whom He loved, He said to His Mother, “Woman, behold thy son.” Then to the disciple, “Behold, thy Mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her into his home.” (John 19:26-27) St. John, was the representative for all of us. He received the “gift” of Mary, our Mother… for all generations; …“for behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed;…” (Luke 1:48)

I had fallen away from the Catholic Church… for about 10 years. I attribute my return, entirely to the intercession… the prayers, of Our Blessed Mother for my conversion. My life was in a downward spiral. Her assistance was unexpected and unsolicited. Her intervention and presence, undeniable. Like a bolt of lightening.

God bless you. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.