Mary Star of the Sea (poem)

Dear friends,
I wrote the following poem about the true case of an American man, who was traveling by ship to join a religious order, to start his studies for the priesthood. A hurricane arose and he was thrown into the sea. He prayed to Our Lord and then Mary appeared to him to help rescue him.
Greetings and prayers for all your intentions,
Mary Ann
(Australia)
P.S. The poem is written from the point of view of the future priest.

Mary, Star of the Sea

A hurricane
arose at sea.
The wind and waves,
thrashed angrily.

The ship capsized,
out I was flung,
between life and death,
I now hung.

Up to heaven
I sent a cry.
The clouds then parted
in the sky,

then Mother Mary
Star of the Sea,
to safety
gently guided me.

My other poems (some are religious and others are just for fun) are at: missionbell.homestead.com/Poems.html

Something else:

The powerful intercession of the Holy Souls in Purgatory for their benefactors and ways to help them

missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

The web page has accounts of the intercession of The Holy Souls in Purgatory, for their benefactors in cases of illness, addictions, cars that won’t start, infertility problems, serious weight loss problems, protection in accidents, noisy unruly neighbours, conversion, chronic insomnia, their help for people who are experiencing major trouble with city councils, success with projects, employment, real estate, television sets that don’t work properly, finding lost property and trouble with relations, etc. and prayers and ideas on how to help The Holy Souls in Purgatory.

That is a beautiful poem. I too, like to write about the Catholic faith.

-Jeanne

Offer up your poem to Jesus. He’ll love it. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.