MAry

Why does the RCC pray to Mary, she was a normal person except that she gave brith to our Lord and Savior.There is no proof she never sinned, actaully there is proof she did Luke 1:46 she calls God her savior and sinless person needs no savior

and another thing tradition.
cathloic tradition is not inspired by God it is man made

M’r:7:9: And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

such as praying for the dead,praying to mary,statues(which God himself says he hates De:16:22: Neither shalt thou set thee up any image; which the LORD thy God hateth. and it breaks the second commandment Ex:20:4: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

end

Asked and answered many times in our forums.

Search.

Find.

Convert.

[quote=GMilldvda]Why does the RCC pray to Mary, she was a normal person except that she gave brith to our Lord and Savior.There is no proof she never sinned, actaully there is proof she did Luke 1:46 she calls God her savior and sinless person needs no savior

and another thing tradition.
cathloic tradition is not inspired by God it is man made

M’r:7:9: And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

such as praying for the dead,praying to mary,statues(which God himself says he hates De:16:22: Neither shalt thou set thee up any image; which the LORD thy God hateth. and it breaks the second commandment Ex:20:4: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

end
[/quote]

This has been explained sooooooo many times here it’s not even funny. I suggest that you do a search in the forums and you should find more than enough material. I will add one thing though our Tradition is from God not man…
catholic.com/library/Immaculate_Conception_and_Assum.asp
catholic.com/library/Mary_Ever_Virgin.asp
catholic.com/library/Do_Catholics_Worship_Statues.asp
catholic.com/library/Apostolic_Tradition.asp
catholic.com/library/Scripture_and_Tradition.asp

I hope thats enough for ya.
Peace be with you.

Another protestant with the same question. Is that all you guys can ask us Catholics. Why do we Pray to Mary? If you protestants need to keep asking us this question then it must be in the back of your minds that you may need to Pray to her also.

[quote=adnauseum]Asked and answered many times in our forums.

Search.

Find.

Convert.
[/quote]

Hahahahahaha…perfect answer for your screenname!!! I laughed until I cried!!!

I certainly hope this isn’t another hit and run. I truly hope that after studying she will come back and discuss her concerns with us in a positive manner.

Peace be with you all…

If you are seriously asking these questions and would like answers, let us know and we actually will go into a bit more effort to answer them.

Unfortunately, we as Catholics eventually get annoyed by protestants always asking the exact same questions over and over again when we’ve already addressed them and answered them fully. Its not very difficult to find the answers and reasons, its just that those asking them don’t care enough to find out.

We also get frustrated with post-and-runs: People who ask these questions and then never come back to see the answer or engage in conversation. Those who do this obviously aren’t seeking truth and are serving a personal agenda.

One last thing. Christ gave the fullness of truth to His apostles. It is only through this Tradition that He gave them that the books of the bible were eventually written 100 years later, and only through this Tradition that the bible was compiled and recognized 200 years after that. To turn down Sacred Tradition is to turn down the bible itself.

Josh

See **Praying to Mary and the saints **View

Judging by the past posts of this person, don’t hold your breath that he or she is in the least interested in your replies. For example:

i didn’t really read all you’re replys but, no we shouldn’t call anyone father except our blood fathers. Jesus called Abraham father b/c Jesus was a descendant of Abraham, the same way as all Jews and Muslims. Jesus meant about spiritaul father, b/c God the Father is our only spiritaul father,not a priest

:yawn:

In addition to being in severe need of a spell-checker, this person seems content to toss a barb and not care to hear the answer. I’m sure they’ve retreated under a bridge somewhere, content in their own mind they’ve presented those poor lost Catholics with an argument they’ve never thought of before. :rolleyes:

It appears to me that GMilldvda is very young (born in 1991). She’s still has much to learn, and we ought to charitably give her the resources that may help her. If she chooses not to read them, then we can’t help that.

With that said, GMilldvda, here’s some article you need to read before your objections will be taken seriously…

Immaculate Conception and Assumption
Mary: Ever Virgin
Mary: Full of Grace
Mary: Mother of God
The Rosary
The Intercession of the Saints
Praying to the Saints
Saint Worship?
Do Catholics Worship Statues?
‘Brethren of the Lord’

For Biblical evidence of our doctrines about Mary, see here:
The Doctrines about Mary are Biblical View

Catholics worship Mary as much as non-catholics worship Paul.

However, when I hear a pastor give a homily on Mary as the fourth person of the trinity, I wonder if the church is out of touch with reality. It is that sort of nonsense that provides the catholic bashers with ammunition.

Please post with the intentions to defend you claims. Like other posters said don’t “hit and run.” :tsktsk:

That’s a new one on me. :confused:

We do not pray to Mary.

We ask her to pray for us,

Just like you have prayer groups we too have them but go beyond our friends and family here on earth. We ask the ones already in the presence of God to pray for us as well.

My question for you is why dont you honor Mary, is it because of your denominations teachings or traditions that you do not?

Are we not supposed to live like Jesus would, are we not supposed to imitate Jesus as best we can, He loved his mother, and through him Mary is our Mother.

Go back a read Genesis where the fall of man happened and you will find the foreshadowing of Mary and Jesus.

I suggest you read scripture for the answer. Dare I go out on a limb and suggest you ask Mary herself?

Check out the Wedding at Caana…Mary asked Jesus to intervene when they ran out of wine. Jesus tells her, “Woman, my time has not yet come”, and yet he obeyed her. Why? Because of the Commandment to “Honor your Father and your Mother.”

Jesus honored his mother’s request, even though it went against his own personal adjend of waiting for his time to come. It was his first public miracle.

Jesus was born of a woman…that makes him blood of Mary’s blood, and flesh of Mary’s flesth.

When you go to your friend’s home, do you ignore his or her parents and tell your friend you want to only focus on him/her? Or do you greet his parents in honor of your friend, the people who brought this friend of yours into the world?

Do you tell people you love that you don’t want to know about their families or people they admire, only about themselves alone? Or doesn’t the knowledge of their families and friends add into the the understanding you have of your friend?

We are human. God became human and in fact lived by “our” rules which he ordained for us. He was born of a woman, a mother, as are we. He obeyed the same Commandments we still uphold because he set an example. Everything Jesus did, he did with purpose, unlike we non-divine, clay-made humans.

And because God chose the woman to bear his son, she is to be especially esteemed among all women…because the divine cannot be carried by an impure vessel. He prepared and predestined her, yet still gave her a choice to say yes or no to his Divine Will…and she said YES.

It is not logical to ignore Mary, as the mother of our Lord and Savior. No, she is not God, but as one who was so specifically chosen by God, she is due our honor and our desire (especially for women) to aspire to be like her in devotion, in attitude, in chastity, in modesty…etc.

How can you claim to know Jesus when you don’t even try to know his family? How can you be a friend when Mary and Joseph are passed by the wayside?

The Lord does not ask much of us other than to Honor his mother. And I can tell you…if she’s good enough for Jesus, she’s good enough for all of us.

Mary is my Heavenly mother, she is your Heavenly mother, and if you ask her, she will intercede for you even if you don’t understand.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.