Mary's Help

[quote=hurst]To do a nested quote, it must start and end within an existing quote.

more text

The above will look like this:

hurst
[/quote]

OK! Now how do I imbed a picture?

Well, we may have a sincere individual who thinks very highly of the book and so has perhaps determined to spread a book that meant much to them (as it did to me, by the way). But unfortunately this person may not realize the harm they may actually be doing. Their advice needs to be directed to those who will benefit from it, not harmed or confused by it.

Ok. As I have said in other posts the subject of Mary is hard for me to grasp.
I get the asking her for prayers, the same as asking any christian to pray for us.
But the stuff Hurst said about her presenting our prayers and stuff because they are not perfect but she is(I may not be quoting exactly) that is cunfusing to me. :whacky:
Doesn’t the blood of Jesus make us appear perfect before God?
Doesnt his blood cleanse us from sin?

Not automatically. It must be applied.

Apocalypse 22:14 Blessed are they that wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb: that they may have a right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.

Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of penance.

Acts 26:20 … to the Gentiles did I preach, that they should do penance, and turn to God, doing works worthy of penance.

We must be sorry for our sins and do penance for them for the rest of our life.

Ecclesiasticus 5:5 Be not without fear about sin forgiven, and add not sin upon sin:

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

1 Cor 15:9 For I . . . am not worthy to be called an apostle because I persecuted the Church of God.

We must rejoice in this kind of suffering whereby we unite ourselves to the sorrow of our Lord, who took up the cross for the joy set before Him.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking on Jesus, the author and finisher of faith, who having joy set before him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and now sitteth on the right hand of the throne of God.

How worthy is our penance? How joyful are we in suffering for Jesus? How are we going to give Him what He deserves?

1 Cor 10:12 Wherefore he that thinketh himself to stand, let him take heed lest he fall.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye, therefore, praying at all times, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that are to come, and to stand before the Son of man.

Romans 14:10 But thou, why judgest thou thy brother? or thou, why dost thou despise thy brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Let us consider that John the Baptist and the Centurion considered themselves unworthy to receive Jesus in person.

Mark 1:7 And he preached, saying: There cometh after me one mightier than I, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and loose.

Luke 7:7 For which cause neither did I think myself worthy to come to thee; but say the word, and my servant shall be healed.

Consider the three kings - who did they give their gifts to? But who actually handled them on behalf of the infant?

Matthew 2:11 And entering into the house, they found the child with Mary his mother, and falling down they adored him; and opening their treasures, they offered him gifts; gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Consider Elizabeth - what was the effect of Mary’s greeting?

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that when Elizabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the infant leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Consider Mary - what does she do?

Luke 1:30 And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Luke 1:38 And Mary said: Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word.

Luke 1:46 And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord.

The Lord is with Mary. She accepts gifts for Him. She is His handmaid, and she magnifies the Lord. She is full of grace, and goes to help her neighbor.

I hope I have made it clearer that it is appropriate and worthwhile to ask her aid for doing works worthy of penance, offer our gifts for the Lord to Mary, and to receive her into our lives to live more closely with the Lord. In fact, it would seem we are the strangers if we neglect His Mother.

hurst

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.