Mass. couple who led gay marriage fight to divorce

Mass. couple who led gay marriage fight to divorce

**BOSTON — A lesbian couple who led the fight for gay marriage in Massachusetts has filed for divorce. Julie and Hillary Goodridge were among seven gay couples who filed a lawsuit that led to a court ruling making Massachusetts the first state to legalize same-sex marriages in 2004. The couple became the public face of the debate in the state and married the first day same-sex marriages became legal.

more…

Peachy. After forcing the citizens of Massachusetts to accept gay marriage, without a vote, they just walk away. I wonder if one of them has to pay alimony?

Stats from countries where gay marriage has been legalised for years show that homosexual unions are twice as likely to break down as heterosexual.

Great advertisement for gay couples ‘just wanting to be like everyone else’ - they ain’t, simple as that.

I’d like to see those stats.
:slight_smile:

Sorry, my recall was inaccurate - 50% more likely for male-male marriages to break up, 170% for female-female

Pretty big discrepancy nonetheless.

Stats from Scandinavia, where gay ‘civil union’ has been legal for over a decade - saltshakers.org.au/html/P/9/B/288/

Scroll down the page a bit to where it says ‘Scandinavia’

I don’t want to be rude, but can you post a more…unbiased site?
:blush:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.