Mass in Chicago area

Looking for a quick recommendation for a reasonably reverent Sunday morning mass in near west Chicago area. I will be in Oak Brook but willing to drive 5-10 miles in any direction. Any help appreciated.

The St John Cantius fathers cantius.org/ (about 30 minutes drive from Oak Brook) provide beautiful masses in both rite. It is a unique experience for the new rite (English, toward the high altar, Gregorian chant, receive the communion kneeling at the bars)

I don’t know how familiar you are with the Chicago area or how long you plan to stay so I’ll give you the closest one, Ascension there on Summit Rd in Oakbrook Terrace. If you’re planning to stay longer, PM me.

St. Cletus in Lagrange is an awesome Church! Man, I miss my old parrish.

St. John Vianney has a 10:00 a.m. Tridentine Mass Sunday.
45 N.Wolf Road Northlake Il (708) 562-0500
Close to Oakbrook

We have a few of their Canons celebrate Mass at our chapel on a monthly basis.
Sunday there were six servers accompining Fr.(ad orientium with incense and bells)
Reverent indeed!

Go to St. John Cantius!!!

If St. John Cantius is too far, Sts. Peter and Paul in Naperville is a good parish. Beautiful church and orthodox priests. It’s probably 15-20 minutes from OakBrook, depending on where you are.

Do they go out for the new rite too, or only for the TLM?

I attend Masses in Volo (far North suburb) they have that parish (two resident priest), in each weekday an English and TLM mass, and in each weekend three English Mass, a TLM and a Spanish Mass. As an experience their English mass is more surprising proof that the problem is not with the rite, but with the mentality of the priests and the Liturgical committees.

Do they go out for the new rite too, or only for the TLM?

I attend Masses in Volo (far North suburb) they have that parish (two resident priest), in each weekday an English and TLM mass, and in each weekend three English Mass, a TLM and a Spanish Mass. As an experience their English mass is more surprising proof that the problem is not with the rite, but with the mentality of the priests and the Liturgical committees.

I’ve attended quite a few Masses at St. Peter’s and I think it has a lot to do with the community there as well. Many of those people travel in from greater distances than most parishes (Volo is in a very open area) so I would expect that they take their worship a little more seriously.

St. Peters in Volo is under the care of “St. John Cantius”
They do both , reverant and correct!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.