Mass is Not Re-Sacrifice

This from the Trail of Blood thread. Since we don’t want to derail the topic here is it.

Quote:

The Mass is to make presence of the Sacrifice at the Cross in an unbloody manner.

No it isn’t.Mass in prophecy in Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun to its setting, My Name is Great among the nations, and in every place incense is offered to My Name, and a Pure Offering; for my name is great amongst the nations, says the Lord of Host.

And Jesus own saying that their will come a time where worship will no longer be in the Mountain nor in the Temple in Jerusalem.

The Mass offer a Pure Sacrifice and makes presence of Sacrifical Lamb. We even say, “Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World Three times.”

In the Mass, the Priest say, “Take this all of you and eat it, this is My Body which will be given up for you.” In the same manner, he likewise take the cup of wine and said, “Take this all of you and drink from it. This My Blood, the Blood of the New Covenant, which will be given up for you.”

I’m assuming your statement “No it isn’t” was in regards to the claim that the Mass is a reinvented bablyonian ceremony, right? And that it was not in response to “The Mass makes present the Sacrifice of the Cross in an unbloody manner”? The Sacrifice of the Cross is exactly what the Mass makes present, in an unbloody manner.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.