Mass Readings For Friday, February 22, 2013

4.bp.blogspot.com/-aD8Outkxl1k/USb7M6e-KHI/AAAAAAAAI4w/7fGrEkT8i4o/s640/Matthew+161319.jpg"The Primacy of Saint Peter" -- by James Tissot
Feastof The Chair of Saint Peter, Apostle

FIRSTREADING: 1 Peter5: 1 - 4
1The ancients therefore that are among you, I beseech, who am myselfalso an ancient, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ: as also apartaker of that glory which is to be revealed in time to come:
2Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking care of it, not byconstraint, but willingly, according to God: not for filthy lucre'ssake, but voluntarily:
3Neither as lording it over the clergy, but being made a pattern ofthe flock from the heart.
4And when the prince of pastors shall appear, you shall receive anever fading crown of glory.

PSALM: Psalms 23:1 - 6
1The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing.
2He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up, on thewater of refreshment:
3He hath converted my soul. He hath led me on the paths of justice,for his own name's sake.
4For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I willfear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they havecomforted me.
5Thou hast prepared a table before me against them that afflict me.Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriatethme, how goodly is it!
6And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. And that I maydwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.

GOSPEL: Matthew 16:13 - 19
13And Jesus came into the quarters of Caesarea Philippi: and he askedhis disciples, saying: Whom do men say that the Son of man is?
14But they said: Some John the Baptist, and other some Elias, andothers Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15Jesus saith to them: But whom do you say that I am?
16Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the livingGod.
17And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona:because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Fatherwho is in heaven.
18And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I willbuild my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Andwhatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also inheaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall beloosed also in heaven.

Please Like Faith of the Fathers Catholic Blogs Facebook Page.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.