Masses and wereYou Protestant

Folks I’m sorry I may not understand TLM, Tridentine, Novus Ordo and everybody’s personal favorite, whatever? I joined the Catholic Church because it IS the universal Church two years ago. Most of the above posts sound like splinter dutch Calvinist sects I know until I joined the Catholic church. My Grandparents were mad for years when some Calvinist churches changed “Psalter Hymnals” and vowed not go the same type churches that used new ones - lo I was taught the world would end. DEFEND THE TRUTH - not your preference. It is time Catholic’s acted like it is the Unversal Church please for the love of God.

huh?

I am a Catholic, like you, but love learning about different Masses. I do agree things can get rather ‘heated’ here on the boards but I wouldn’t worry too much.

You know I love hearing most posts. TNKS

I’ll simply echo what LSK said: don’t worry. Though I’ve never been to a Tridentine Mass, I’ve gone to the High Latin Novus Ordo Mass and liked it. I think the Novus Ordo is fine, as long as it is done in an orthodox and reverent manner (which it is meant to be). I’d like to go to a Byzantine Rite Mass…I think the different forms are interesting. That some people get over-heated on the boards here is a bit distracting, but don’t let it dismay you. Some of the people who get over-heated on this topic probably also get over-heated on the topic of kitty litter.

**YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT. IT MATTERS!!! IT MATTERS A LOT!!! A WHOLE LOT!!! A GREAT BIG 10-ACRE LOT!!!
We ought to go back to the Mass of St. Gregory the Great! That whole Tridentine thing is WWWAAAYYYYY too “New-Age.”

My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great Grandfather had a FIT when they came out with that newfangled so-called Tridentine “Mass” and my whole family is STILL peeved off about the whole thing!

** Bring back the Mass of Greogry the Great, and anyone who says otherwise, let him be anathema!!!
Seriously, though, I was once protestant (as, I’m sure, was my Trent-era granddaddy), from the high-Church Anglican movement. Mention 1928 vs. 1979 Book of Common Prayers to those guys and they’ll go nuts!

DEFEND THE TRUTH - not your preference. It is time Catholic’s acted like it is the Unversal Church please for the love of God.

I gotta agree with you. :gopray2:

Don’t get me wrong: I’m all about having Masses in different languages and stuff, but some of these so called “masses” end up veering a little away from what the rest of the church is teaching.

Plus, the whole “They’ll know we are Christians by our love” thing kind of gets spoiled when we’re busy arguing about whether or not to hold hands. :banghead:

A little unity would be nice. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.