mathew 26:13

How come when ever the gospel is said in church, i never here this part, jesus said to say it?

Could you rephrase your question? I am not sure what you are asking.

In pouring this perfumed oil upon my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. Amen, I say to you, wherever this gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be spoken of, in memory of her."

If you mean this -

[LIST]
*]Mat 26:13 Truly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her."[/LIST]- possibly because He is not commanding that it should be mentioned; but saying that it will be mentioned. And so it is, by being a part of the Gospel.

While this is not a major statement by Jesus, I have heard it before, and read it as well. The fact that you asked the question is proof of what Jesus said. What she did for Him is “recalled”, because it was memorialized. His line of thinking was repeated at least one other time, in today’s gospel reading where Jesus was with Martha and Mary. Martha busied herself with serving him, seeing after his temporal needs, feeding, doing dishes, etc., Mary sat at his feet where she simply worshiped and adored Him. When Martha complained that Mary was not doing her part, she asked Jesus to tell Mary to get up and do something. Jesus’ comment back to Martha, a very good and faithful woman too, was that Mary’s service to Him was probably more important to Him than Martha’s busy, busy, shuffling about, grumbling service. His point; simple and total adoration is more profitable than busy, busy, getting angry I’m so busy trying to serve the Lord. (Not to say service is not profitable too, but I hope you get the point of both of those women’s acts of worship to Jesus.)

Peace

why is it when they say the gospel at mass, they never tell about the alabaster box ? jesus said to do it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.