Matt. 22:32, mark 12:26, Luke 20:36, and Luke 13:23-30:

So these verses talk about how God is the God of the living and not the dead. Jesus even says I am the God of the Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Having said this, doesn't that mean that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob still worship God even doh their dead. Meaning that the whole, seventh day Adventist, Jehovah witnesses theory of soul sleeping is a wrong idea.

[quote="chero23, post:1, topic:337345"]
So these verses talk about how God is the God of the living and not the dead. Jesus even says I am the God of the Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Having said this, doesn't that mean that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob still worship God even doh their dead. Meaning that the whole, seventh day Adventist, Jehovah witnesses theory of soul sleeping is a wrong idea.

[/quote]

In Matthew 22:32, Jesus is quoting the Scriptures, not speaking of himself in that particular passage. Just sayin'.

But I think you raise a good point about the living and the dead. I have my own thoughts on that subject, and I do agree with you about those denominations being wrong.

[quote="chero23, post:1, topic:337345"]

[/quote]

Correct.

[quote="Randy_Carson, post:3, topic:337345"]
Correct.

[/quote]

laughing I love pithy replies! :D

Good morning :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.