Matthew 15:24

Hi,

I’ve been debating some people who belong to the “Christian Identity” sect, that state only Whites are descendants of Adam and that Christ came only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24).

And he answering, said: I was not sent but to the sheep that are lost of the house of Israel. - Matthew 15:24

They claim that only White people (Israelites) can be saved.

What would be a good refutation of these claims?

Well, you might point out to them Acts 8:27-39. It is the record of the baptism of the** Ethiopian **eunuch by Philip at the Holy Spirit’s directive.

Matt 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; …

1 Tim 2:3-4 …God our Savior, who desires **all men **to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Nita

Who do they think the other races are descended from?
Do they believe in polygenism?
Are they Jewish converts (since the house of Israel in the passage they cite refers to the Jews)?

Nita

I think the last part of Matthew is simple enough … “Go into the whole world making disciples of all nations.”

St. Paul rebuked St. Peter for his “Judiazing” ideas.

I think there are very many proofs in Scripture that show that Jesus extended his Kingdom to the Gentiles. It would be worth going through all of them with your Christian Identity friend to see what the response will be.

You could point out he Lemba tribe in southern Africa.

They are not white yet they are descendants of Israel. Nova (PBS) did a story about them. They found a genetic marker in the Lemba tribe that is found in the Jewish priesthood.

Here is a link to the Nova website on this story.

Nova Online - Lost Tribes of Israel - The Lemba

If these people are serious then they should be concerned, since Abraham originally came from Ur, which is probably now the Iraq area, so with their theology, it would be only people of middle eastern decent that will be saved, not the whites of European decent.

They believe that other races are “Pre-Adamites”.

Do they believe in polygenism?

Yes.

Are they Jewish converts (since the house of Israel in the passage they cite refers to the Jews)?

Nita

No, they’re people of White European descent, they believe in what’s called “Christian Identity”.

Do they have any concept of just where the Israelites are from??? They are certainly not white…closer to middle eastern in origin. A simple browse through the OT should show them this.

As for that one cherry picked verse, tell them to read the verses both before and after this one which is being taken completely out of context.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.