Matthew 17:20

How much faith do you have? Considering that none of us can telekineticaly move mountains, does that mean that our faith is less then a mustard seed? Do we have that much doubt?

When Padre Pio was amongst the living he would often walk over the heads of the parishioners to get past the crowds to the front of the church. He stated that walking on air was "just like walking on the ground".
When Padre Pio stepped up into the air he "knew" that his foot would find support, so he walked in the air.
When I put my foot up into the air I know with all my being that there is nothing under my foot but thin air, every experience in my life confirms this, so I cannot walk on the air.

Until I can know that the air will support me I will not walk on air.

So it is with faith, until you know with all your being that the mountain will move, just as you know the sun will rise tomorrow morning, the mountian will not move.

[quote="wittgenstein, post:1, topic:309518"]
How much faith do you have? Considering that none of us can telekineticaly move mountains, does that mean that our faith is less then a mustard seed? Do we have that much doubt?

[/quote]

:D

When Antichrist come, he shall do much more than move mountains.

The signs are not the point here. Faith is not expressed in such way, nor are those signs the mark that distinguished the sainthood of our beloved canonized saints.

My faith is as strong as my love for God. Since I love Him, I know I have faith. And the measure of my love is in my works. Perhaps I'll never move a mountain, heal a sick person, convert a sinner, perhaps I'll never do anything worthy of a disciple of the living God. But I love Him. I love Him, and so He will do something through me. I don't know what that is, but I know He will.

One only needs a little faith because faith is reason.

Merry Christmas
God bless Y'all

The passage has a connection with the Holy Mass as the the voice of a priest brings down Christ the Cornerstone down from Heaven to our Altars in the Blessed Eucharist. Let St. Leonard of Port Maurice speak for the matter:

And who could ever have imagined that voice of man, which by nature hath not the power even to rise a straw from the ground, should obtain through grace a power so stupendous to bring from heaven to earth the Son of God! It is a greater power than that which would be required to change the place of mountains, to dry up seas, and to turn round the heavens; it even emulates in a certain manner that first "fiat" with which God brought all things out of nothing, and in some sort would seem to surpass that other "fiat" with which the sweet Virgin drew down into her bosom the Eternal Word.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.