Matthew 18:19: "when two agree on earth"

My sons bike was stolen last month, and he and I prayed daily for its return. Matthew 18:19: “when two agree on earth” This is another theft and yet another unanswered prayer that has totally shipwrecked my faith. I feel God is not fulfilling His biblical promises. Please pray for us. I am done asking :(.

I sincerely wish I had an answer for you but I’m struggling with this myself - I’ll do my best here.

I don’t know the interpretation of Matthew 18:19 but reading the verses before and after it - this is where Jesus gives the Church basis for Reconciliation/Confession.
A more accurate scripture to the situation is John 16:23-24 but again I believe this is out of context and I do not know the true interpretation of it. An important thing to remember is that we don’t all of the ability to interpret the Bible. I certainly don’t and so I leave it to the General Magistrate.

**We live in a fallen world and are so affected by it. God does answer prayers but not always as we think or hope He will. God will not interfere with the free-will of others to bless us. ** I take comfort in this perhaps you will also.
(I put this in bold so you would read at least this part not because it is some great wisdom or anything. I don’t even know how accurate it is but it is what I find myself thinking.)

Please do not give up hope. At least pray for God’s will to be done and for your better ability to hear God’s voice.

This very topic is what I was going to bring up in my next meeting with my spiritual director. Perhaps I will have a better answer for you this time next week.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

With faith; Jesus was talking to the apostles.
’‘Again I tell you,if two of you join your voices on earth to pray for anything whatever, it shall be granted by My Father in Heaven’'
If your prayers aren’t answered its because a lack of faith or sincerity
Pray with more conviction and faith. Jesus usually doesn’t find bikes, fix engines, mow the laugn, fix the plumbing.etc…:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am very sorry about your son’s bike.

Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Luke 6:27-30

Our Father Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

I’m sorry for the loss of your bike, which has to do with the sin of the person who stole it. He or she acted against God’s love and law in stealing it. God doesn’t violate anyone’s gift of free will, and if their hearts are hardened by selfishness and greed, God can’t force them to return the bike. Much evil and harm in this world is caused by people to people. It’s easy to blame God, but it’s people’s evil that stole and is keeping your bike.

Please take this opportunity to pray for the thief, who may have no one else to pray for their salvation. You may be the only person who has ever prayed for the thief. The person needs conversion. Perhaps their need was great, but it’s wrong to steal…so please pray for God’s forgiveness for the person and that God will be able gradually to win their heart.

I hope that somehow you will be able to receive, or in some way work for, a bike to replace the one that is lost. So often I wish I weren’t poor, as again and again I wish to help others in their needs, but cannot. We live in a real world, where God’s presence and God’s love is made evident to each other often through other people’s kindness and goodness. God grant you will see the good He offers you in others who do live honestly and kindly.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you all for thoughtful prayers, and well thought out advice.

WOW! All I can say is my mind is blown. Its a miracle. Ds's bike was returned today.
Give thanks to the LORD for He is good, His mercy endures forever.
Thank you all so much for your prayers!

Fantastic!

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.