Matthew 28:19 a Forgery?

I was talking to a friend who is a Pentacostal Oneness believer (they deny the Trinity) and he made the claim that the earliest manuscripts of Matthew that we have today do not have the Trinitarian Baptism Formula in them. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I am not asking for help defending the Trinity or what other scripture passages say about the Trinity or even what the fathers have to say, I am interested in rebutting this one, solitary, very specific point.

So does anybody know if the earliest manuscripts that we have today in fact do have the Trinitarian Baptism Formula or is text missing? I don’t even know what the earliest manuscripts are called so in your response if you could call out what manuscripts have the formula and which don’t along with estimated dates of composition, I will be most grateful.

BTW, I posted this question in the “Scripture” forum yesterday and one of the posters suggested that I ask an Apologist due to the technical nature of the question.

Dear big,

You don’t have to prove him wrong. He needs to prove himself right. He is the one who made the outlandish claim. It is his responsibility to back it up. You tell him to prove his claim. We have what every reliable Bible says. What does he have?

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.