Matthew 7:1 Judge not lest you be Judged

What do you make of that verse? I believe people often use that to justify there sins or maybe not justify, but to stop people from talking about their sins.

Jesus tells us to Judge.

John 7:24 “Do not Judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

Also,
1 Thess. 5:21

1 Corinthians 2:15-16

Also, I believe there is a verse that says we should judge other christians but not the lost. If anyone knows or can find that verse please do.

Luke 6:37
37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.

This is relevant here as well.

i agree, especially on TV shows and movies when one wants to justify ther sins, most especially homosexuality, this verse is thrown out

not judging doesn’t mean you’re blind to the facts. sins are sins, and we should call people out if we see them sinning and help bring them away from their sin. judging is if we look at other people and think we’re better because they’re sinful, or that we don’t want to have anything to do with them because they’re sinners. thats judging. we’re sinners, they’re sinners, we should point out each others sins and help each other overcome it

People misinterpret all the time. It means that we can decide/judge what is good/bad behavior according to God’s will, but we cannot condemn/send to hell someone of our own authority. We are supposed to tell people when they are doing wrong because that is God’s law, not our own.
Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.

We should judge what is right and wrong. We should judge actions as Luke 17:3 says, but we should not judge the heart of the person who has sinned. If you know someone is sinning you should tell them what they are doing is wrong, but you should not assume that that person will go to hell for that sin. Now if they tell you they know what they are doing is wrong and they are going to continue because they want to do whatever action/sin… I think it is safe to tell that person what the Bible says about that type of thing. The Bible says that the price for that sin is hell.

I agree.

Here’s a good article on it:

catholic.com/thisrock/2007/0702btb.asp

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.