Max Lucado's Fearless

If any Catholics have read the book I would like your perspective on it. Would it be a good book to give someone who is searching for God? Would a Max Lucado book be a good intro into faith and belief in Christ?

Thank you for your responses

I haven’t read the book you mention, but I would rather give someone a book from a Catholic perspective (Lucado is Christian but not Catholic). If you have a particular friend in mind, tell us a bit about where they are in their faith journey and perhaps we can make some specific book recommendations.

Here’s another thread that might interest you: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=282887

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I’m curious if anyone has read this book since September and maybe we could discuss.

I’m about 80% of the way through it and find the themes decent and relevant but the book itself lacks substance. Also, Lucado sure likes to use a lot of Bible translations!

I’ve not read much by Lucado, but my Evangelical friends who have tell me that most of his books recycle the same ideas over and over, just using different anecdotes. They’re not particularly impressed with the depth of his writing either.

[quote="aspirant, post:4, topic:168213"]
I've not read much by Lucado, but my Evangelical friends who have tell me that most of his books recycle the same ideas over and over, just using different anecdotes. They're not particularly impressed with the depth of his writing either.

[/quote]

I have no clue why but we are studying the book during Lent at church so I wanted to read it beforehand. I would agree with both those criticisms.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.