Maxine Waters: Comey "Has No Credibility"

MSNBC played this clip of Rep. Maxine Waters respoding to the classified intelligence briefing she attended with FBI director James Comey regarding the Clinton email investigation.

Waters said Comey has “no credibility.”

realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/01/13/maxine_waters_comey_has_no_credibility.html

Something happened during the last 15 minutes of a classified briefing between Comey and some House members that got the Democratic members very upset.

Well, now that the election is over, I guess it’s safe to say so.

Maxine Waters is a sterling example of an absence of credibility, so I imagine she knows it when she sees it.

If I were Trump I would give Comey a choice to voluntarily retire or be fired. Of course he has no credibility. He has shown himself to be either incompetent or giving into to political pressure. It appears to me he didn’t indict Clinton because of political pressure from the DOJ. Then he caved when he re-opened the investigation because of pressure from FBI agents. That is my opinion.

Two words…independant prosecutors…of course good luck finding an impartial one ! All because you don’t agree, doesn’t make someone not credible. :shrug:

Also, water is wet.

If I were Trump, I’d do whatever Russia told me to do.

:thumbsup:

I suppose being similarly facetious, I could ask the President to hire a Russian or Canadian to write a more proper melody to the National Anthem (or make America the Beautiful the anthem). It lacks a stirring melody, and my goodness we borrowed it from of an English bar song. Heh.

Do tell about the er “absence of credibility”. Anything beyond drive-by shooting?

I’ve spent years watching her grandstanding on the tv and in the news but if that isn’t enough for you, then Google is your friend. :rolleyes:

I take that as declining to support the claim of an “absence of credibility”.

No. Take it as I’m not interested enough in doing the work for you.

I am glad you are not Trump.

It’s not just Waters that feels this way about Comey, it’s many of them.
Also from Politico:

Lawmakers at the meeting referenced a tense final 15 minutes, but did not elaborate on what exactly was discussed during the final part of the briefing.
“I’m disappointed, outraged — many of us are right now,” Rep. Tim Walz, a Democrat from Minnesota, told The Hill. “I’ll wait to pass full judgment, but the exchange that just happened in the final 15 minutes gives me no reason to have confidence.”
He continued: “I was nonjudgmental until the last 15 minutes. I no longer have that confidence in him.”
Rep. Charlie Crist, a Democrat from Florida, said he wants to have faith in Comey but that he has “concerns.”
And Rep. Elijah Cummings, the senior Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made a similar statement.
“I’m extremely concerned — extremely,” he said.

I think “what happened” at the end of the meeting involves the exchange that was all over the news this afternoon?:

Comey was asked why he publicly announced he was re-opening the investigation into Clinton’s emails days before the election–something he should not have done…but he did not tell the public there was a counterintelligence investigation going on about Trump and Russia on hacking, campaign funding, and more that involved the CIA, FBI, Treasury and Justice Departments, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the National Security Agency.

Comey, apparently, did not have a good answer for it.
His decision-making did not look bi-partisan.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.