May 13th - Fatima Feast Day

The episodes that surround Our Lady of Fatima is particularly interesting to me, largely because of the famous “miracle of the dancing sun” that occurred on Oct 13th, 1917.

This weekend is the anniversary of the first apparition (May 13th, 1917) and the feast day for Our Lady of Fatima. So, I would like to conduct this poll to see if people are intrigued by Fatima like the way I am.

I would especially like to hear from non-Catholics about their thoughts on this subject.

I honestly don’t know what I think. I am certainly open to the possibility that it was from God, but I put very little weight on miracles as evidence for truth (though a lack of miracles may well be evidence the other way).

I have some interest in this subject if only because May 13th is my birthday!

Edwin

Happy birthday and God bless you. :slight_smile:

Something strange happened and I have no idea what it was. I voted the last option.

Happy Birthday!

TBH, I don’t really think too much about whether or not the Blessed Mother actually appeared at Fatima, or Lourdes, or anywhere else, although I have frequented the replica of Our Lady of Lourdes shrine near my neighborhood. I have read summaries of the accounts of Our Lady of Fatima and Our Lady of Lourdes, and I take what I think to be the important truths out of the account. But since any apparitions are private revelation and not essential to the Catholic faith, I don’t worry about it too much.

It’s my brother’s birthday, Mother’s day and the 90 year anniversary of Fatima. It’s too bad JPll couldn’t be here for this. But he’s in Heaven celebrating it with the blessed Mother anyway.

Without the slightest shadow of doubt the occurances at Fatima are from God.

I had the most tremendous life changing experience there in 1992 and I will certainly go on thanking God through Our Lady for the rest of my life.

It is nice that today is Mothers’ Day, too.

I wonder how much more a miracle would have happened if the children were not interfered with?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.