May 31 - Feast of the Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

How beautiful Mary is, as we “see” her in the Gospel for this Feast – going with haste into the hill country to visit her cousin Elizabeth, whom Mary learned from the angel is with child in her old age! How docile Mary is to the Holy Spirit Who overshadowed her and Who now is leading her to carry Jesus in her womb! How beautifully Mary sings His Praises to her cousin!

It reminded me of this verse in Isaiah:

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the one bringing good news,
Announcing peace, bearing good news, announcing salvation, saying to Zion,“Your God is King!" (Isaiah 52:7)

Mary is the true icon of the Church - for we too, if we are docile to the Holy Spirit, will hear the Lord Jesus’s words: “Go make disciples…” (Mt. 28) and go with haste. The Church exists to evangelize. We like Mary, by the power of His Holy Spirit, carry Jesus spiritually wherever we go. How beautiful is the Church when we are living as Mary did in this world!

MariaChristi, yes I think today is a very important reminder of, as I just saw Pope Francis post on his Instagram, our duty to encounter and dialogue with people as the essence of the Christian lifestyle. We must bring the Lord Jesus to everyone that we meet through our words and, especially, our actions.

May God bless you, through Our Blessed Mother Mary, always! :slight_smile:

Inspired me to pray the Rosary tonight and meditate on this … thanks for the reminder!

Dear Richard,

Thanks again for another encouraging reply. I have pondered more about the Body of Christ, this year than ever before, it seems to me. I’ve always been devoted to Jesus in the Eucharist from my childhood days at “Blessed Sacrament” – our parish grade school. The school being right next to the Church was an easy stop on our way to and from lunch at home or at the end of the school day. The Nuns encouraged us to visit Jesus often as He waited for us in the Tabernacle. Many participated in daily Mass and Holy Communion.

This year, however, I was more drawn to ponder receiving the Resurrected Jesus not only at Mass but continuing to participate in that Risen life in everything. To pray always becomes a reality in which, by God’s Grace, I can remain in His Love (cf John 15). It also becomes not only a personal relationship with Jesus but loving relationships with each member of His Mystical Body. We are not only each a unique member of the Body of Christ, but we are members of one another! (cf Ephesians 4)

Mary is the perfect Icon of the Church for she was the first person to receive Him into herself and even while He was yet growing within her she brought Him to others. We need to go with haste as she did to those whom the Lord calls us. Without Love we are nothing, (1 Cor 13). The Church exists to evangelize, that is to receive Jesus and to carry Him into to the world as Mary did. We love because He first loved us. We need to take His love, and united with Him, bring Him to those who need Him so much!

Dear persevere71,

Thanks for obeying that inspiration! Praying the Rosary is such a beautiful way to meditate on the mysteries of Mary’s life with Jesus. She is our Mother and Model, and by God’s Grace we can learn so much from her example and through her intercession. I hope you will continue to pray the Rosary every day! :slight_smile:

Yes, thanks to you, God has reminded me of our need to be in communion with the others around us in the Mystical Body of Christ and to spread His Love to everyone we encounter in daily life.

God bless, as always! :slight_smile:

Me too… Thank you i will definitely try

Great! :slight_smile:

Thanks ( I like your username, by the way: “persevere” – Perseverance is something by God’s grace we all need to practice!) Truly I hope you will persevere in your desire to respond to Our Blessed Mother’s request for us to pray the Rosary. Every Mother encourages her children to do what is best for them. Mary is our heavenly Mother who is so united with God, she will always lead us to Him. Please don’t get discouraged if you forget or fall asleep trying to pray the Rosary…keep beginning again, by God’s Grace – for love of God and love for the Mother He gave us from His Cross.

Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
Mother of the Church, Mother of Mercy, pray for us and for all those in most need of God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.