May my daughter receive Holy Communion just this once?

Hello
My Daughter was married in a catholic church and has a little girl but sadly divorced 3 years later. She was not in anyway to blame in the break up. She has now remarried in a civil ceremony. Her daughter is now 7 and next year will be making her Holy Communion. My daughter would really like to take communion with her on this special day.
Since she married she has not received communion and although this really really upsets her she knows the rules. Is there any possibility that she would be allowed to take the host for just that day. I know I know but just this once to receive communion with her daughter

Dear friend,

In the eyes of the Church your daughter is having relations with a man to whom she is not married. In other words, she is living is sin. For her to receive Holy Communion would be another sin. No; she may not receive Holy Communion with her daughter. She needs to talk to her priest to see if it is possible to have her first marriage annulled. If so, then she could have her present marriage convalidated (blessed)–and THEN she may receive Holy Communion. But if she and her husband live celibately until she is married in the Church, she may go to Confession and receive Holy Communion. Marrying outside of the Catholic Church is a very serious matter and is mortally sinful. She is in my prayers.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.