So there is a discussion and basically here are the questions, help for them much appreciated:
- A person who becomes an executioner or whatever the job title is where they do lethal injections, firing squads, etc, KNOWS that there will be a certain number of people they kill might be, or worse are ACTUALLY, innocent, even if never proven. Can a Christian knowingly enter a job like that? Isn’t this act you saying that it is okay to kill the innocent?
- Same for soldiers but to a lesser degree. Their country might fight an unjust war, or something they are associated with in the war might be wrong, can you enter a job knowing this?
- If a soldier fights in an unjust war, may they be called a murderer?
- Same question as #3 for executioners. If they kill someone, and say they were proven innocent, may you call them a murderer?
- All of these but to a lesser degree for police officers.
Can Christians enter jobs like this where killing the innocent is a potential but accepted part of it?