Maybe this is not God's Will

My husband and I are not able to have children. We have praying and working toward being foster parents and it has been so difficult. The agency keeps delaying the process to get us started as foster parents. I thought we would be done by now and today I was just told that the license process is not complete and no idea of how much longer it will take. I felt that maybe we were meant to be foster parents and I thought maybe that was God’s will for our lives but now I am not sure. It has taken almost a year for this agency to get our paper work done. I feel that maybe God is trying to tell us to give up and being foster parents is not what he wants for us. I don’t know how much more I can take. Please pray that we are shown God’s will for our lives and if this what he wants us to do , we are given the grace not to give up the process.
thank you all !!!

That you may be at peace during this difficult time of discerning God’s will concerning such an emotional issue-

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Who knows if He’s waiting for the right child for you and your husband, the one you both are most able to help.
I ask the Lord to give you and your husband peace.
And that He will prepare you gently for whatever future awaits.
God bless you both,
Trishie

Praying for you and your Husband…Take care…

May God Bless you for considering foster parenting!

Pray for patience. Your love is precious to the children!

The poor foster children have had to wait even longer for a loving family!

"“Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” Lk 22:42.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark

For what its worth, I have a friend who became a foster parent. It was absolutely amazing what they went through and the time it took for it to happen. All the while, she was doing this to get one specific child in her home that she had “met” while volunteering in the local home.

After many ups and downs, they were finally approved and then able to adopt Amanda Grace. DON"T GIVE UP!! Its sad and absolutely shocking how the system is set up. Keep praying and PRESS ON!!

I know he is good for expectant mothers so you might trying praying to St. Gerard Majella for intercession. It seems appropriate to me!

Blessings and peace!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Holding you both in my prayers.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

I am sorry for your struggle in becoming parents. Praying that God gives you the children He intends for you to have. Do not give up hope, keep trying. If you have the financial means, physical and mental strength to keep the process going, and posses a continued desire for children, I think these are signs that God is saying to continue on. Maybe you are called to adopt, not foster. Maybe you are to try a different agency, so that a certain child will be blessed to have you as parents, one who needs you desperately. Maybe you are called to parent children in ways you never dreamed, but whom God will provide you with in the future. But certainly, God will lead you on the right path. You are being willing and faithful servants. That is all He asks. Keep that up and the rest will fall into place.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, please console this couple who has waited so long to be parents. Grant them Your Divine Patience, Lord, that if You will for them still to be parents, that they would have the grace to wait longer. If not, Lord, make Your Will clear to them, that they would be consoled in it, whatever it may be. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

My sister and her husband adopted a beautiful Colombian baby through FANA. I’m the happy godmother. Here’s a link:

familiesoffana.org/adoption.php

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Waitingonmiracle

I love your username. :slight_smile: Please know my heart breaks for you :(, as I can relate to your pain all too well. We are also unable to have children. So far, we’ve had one failed adoption. We are unable to try again at this time. It’s the hardest cross I’ve ever had to carry. I’m sure it is for you too.I will certainly be thinking of and praying for you to receive God’s blessing of children in His way and time. It’s SO hard to wait on God. But, it will be the best of the best when the time arrives. :hug3:

Praying very hard for you! I have friends who over the years have taken in many foster children and loved the experience. They are older now and one of their daughters is now taking foster children in and even adopted one even though they already had four of their own children. This is one family I have tremendous respect for. They truly live their faith!

closed #18

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.