McCarrick housed in my Diocese

Why shouldn’t they?

Bless his heart.

Funny you should talk about movers and shakers. One of the abused seminarians wrote about going to a ball game with him. They sat in the box between George Steinbrenner and Henry Kissinger.

Even though it may be factually true, I find it difficult to say “This sex offender’s not dangerous to young kids, he abused older men.”
There were so many other housing choices available. I just can’t support this. God bless.

I hadn’t heard that, but it makes sense-- that’s totally a tool in some predators’ toolbox.

“Hang out with me. Look at all the awesome people I know. You’re just an ordinary nobody without me, but stick with me, and you can rub elbows with the Somebodies.”

And so they’re able to dazzle the targets they want to cultivate— and the target makes a voluntary choice to stick with them, despite the wrongness of certain aspects of Sticking With Them. :frowning:

He’s not going to have access to a van. I don’t know where there are housing choices where there are this many people who know what he did keeping an eye on him, except in a prison, and he hasn’t been charged with a crime.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.