McDonald's ad featuring gay teen goes viral

montrealgazette.com/life/McDonald+featuring+teen+goes+viral/3104013/story.html

youtube.com/watch?v=SBuKuA9nHsw&feature=player_embedded

'A gay-friendly TV advertisement from McDonald's is being praised after going viral online.

The 45-second spot, which has only aired in France, features a teenage boy talking on the phone with an unseen love interest from his school as his father orders from a McDonald's cashier. The boy hangs up when his father approaches with a tray of hamburgers, and his father mentions that it's "too bad your class is all boys, you could get all the girls."

We wanted to show society the way it is today, without judging: there's obviously no problem with homosexuality in France today," Nathalie Legarlantezec, a spokeswoman for McDonald's, told French media.'

thats nice, good for them?

i think everyone should be able to eat tasty hamburgers, no matter what

Maybe that is what is wrong with France.

I am just kidding. But I don't think that this ad is really saying that your dad is okay with you being gay. So okay that he will buy you McDonald's hamburgers and you will have a nice, gay friendly outing. Why does McDonald's need to have a gay friendly ad? And this kid isn't being honest with his dad. I think this is sending the opposite of a gay-friendly message. It says, "Hide your homosexuality or else your dad won't buy you burgers!"

[quote="VetA, post:2, topic:200480"]
thats nice, good for them?

i think everyone should be able to eat tasty hamburgers, no matter what

[/quote]

Hahaha! I hate the commercial though, leave it up to McDonalds (even though their burgers are, how I say, "to die for") to promote moral evil :thumbsup:

Anyone in France who eats at McDonalds has more problems than we could ever imagine!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Indeed.

I once bought a Big Mac at McDonalds in Paris -- A *rare *Big Mac is not a thing I want to experience again. :nope:

tee

Ray Croc would never tolerate it. :dts:

[quote="Catholic1954, post:7, topic:200480"]
Ray Croc would never tolerate it. :dts:

[/quote]

If he sold more hamburgers...you'd better believe he'd tolerate it. :D

[quote="LoyalViews, post:4, topic:200480"]
Hahaha! I hate the commercial though, leave it up to McDonalds (even though their burgers are, how I say, "to die for") to promote moral evil :thumbsup:

[/quote]

yeah, but as long as the ad doesnt say "you need to be gay or no burgers for you" i dont care about them

Too bad I already stopped going to McD’s or I would now.

[quote="Zatzat, post:1, topic:200480"]
montrealgazette.com/life/McDonald+featuring+teen+goes+viral/3104013/story.html

youtube.com/watch?v=SBuKuA9nHsw&feature=player_embedded

'A gay-friendly TV advertisement from McDonald's is being praised after going viral online.

The 45-second spot, which has only aired in France, features a teenage boy talking on the phone with an unseen love interest from his school as his father orders from a McDonald's cashier. The boy hangs up when his father approaches with a tray of hamburgers, and his father mentions that it's "too bad your class is all boys, you could get all the girls."

We wanted to show society the way it is today, without judging: there's obviously no problem with homosexuality in France today," Nathalie Legarlantezec, a spokeswoman for McDonald's, told French media.'

[/quote]

"obviously no problem"? The ad is fiction. The people are actors. They represent all of France? "the way it is today"? Again, the ad is fiction.

"without judging"? Hey. What's the big deal? I'll do my thing and you do your thing. This is obviously an attempt to get the viewer to accept the idea that not much of anything matters and sin -- what's that? I think I'll take my preaching from someplace other than McDonald's.

God knows I'm not perfect. We are all sinners but what is this ad really selling? Not hamburgers.

God bless,
Ed

McDonald's food is full of artery clogging saturated (the bad type) fat, grease, and is high in salt which causes high blood pressure.

It would be better for your health to eat fresh fruit, like strawberries and blue berries, and salad with dijon mustard as dressing, 100% whole grain breads, and chicken without the skin.

Don't eat fastfood; it is usually bad for your health.

I remember about two years ago, the McDonald's Board of Directors in the U.S. issued a statement which said McDonald's, as a corporation, was going to promote the acceptance of homosexuality in American society:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=229834

People complained enough that McDonald's reneged the policy, but it looks like they have maintained the policy overseas.

Well, how would you suggest you come out to your parent when your country doesn't have a Thanksgiving? LE BIG MAC!!!

"Come as you are". Not as good as, "Ba-da-ba-da-da, I'm lovin' it!" ...Who doesn't know about McDonnald's? But, if they didn't advertise, they wouldn't be international and a thriving business?

[quote="tee_eff_em, post:6, topic:200480"]
Indeed.

I once bought a Big Mac at McDonalds in Paris -- A *rare *Big Mac is not a thing I want to experience again. :nope:

tee

[/quote]

You should have gotten a Royale With Cheese.

Ugh. Eating a McDonalds burger and sodomy are two things I would not want to have happen to me, so I guess the ad makes some amount of sense. It also opens up another avenue of good-natured put downs for friends who mistakenly eat at the establishment (I'll leave the dialogue to your imagination, so as not to break any rules).

makes me glad to be Filipino. Philippines, the only country in the world that has a fast food burger chain (Jollibee) thats #1, and McDonald's is #2

i was craving for a Big Mac the other day, but i think i'll just head to Triple O's

A related article from LifeSiteNews with contact info for McDs to tell them what you think. This is just one more reason to not eat at McDs.

"McDonald's Ad Promotes Teenage Homosexuality

France, June 2, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A new McDonald's ad in France, part of their large "come as you are" ad campaign, features a homosexual teen speaking sweetly to his male paramour before he is forced to closet his emotions before a presumably insensitive father.

"We see McDonald's decision to backhand hundreds of millions of traditional family values people," Bill Johnson, President of the American Decency Association, told LifeSiteNews, "and align themselves with promoting the godless behavior of a few."...

Entire article here: lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jun/10060210.html

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:16, topic:200480"]
A related article from LifeSiteNews with contact info for McDs to tell them what you think. This is just one more reason to not eat at McDs.

"McDonald's Ad Promotes Teenage Homosexuality

France, June 2, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A new McDonald's ad in France, part of their large "come as you are" ad campaign, features a homosexual teen speaking sweetly to his male paramour before he is forced to closet his emotions before a presumably insensitive father.

"We see McDonald's decision to backhand hundreds of millions of traditional family values people," Bill Johnson, President of the American Decency Association, told LifeSiteNews, "and align themselves with promoting the godless behavior of a few."...

Entire article here: lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jun/10060210.html

[/quote]

How does that man know that the homosexual portrayed in the add is Godless?

Maybe the character is Jewish or even a Catholic.

[quote="Zatzat, post:17, topic:200480"]
How does that man know that the homosexual portrayed in the add is Godless?

Maybe the character is Jewish or even a Catholic.

[/quote]

That quote was "godless behavior," which is different than being Godless.

[quote="SwizzleStick, post:18, topic:200480"]
That quote was "godless behavior," which is different than being Godless.

[/quote]

Sinners are Godless? That's a new one to me.

[quote="tee_eff_em, post:6, topic:200480"]
Indeed.

tee

[/quote]

My mother ran into the same thing when she was there. Had to repeatedly send the thing back before it was some what decently cooked. By the time she finally gave up and ate it, it still was not well done. Apparently they don't like to cook their meat.

Regarding the ad, I have to ask what does being gay/heterosexual/bisexual have to do with selling hamburgers? Honestly, these companies need to get back to the business of selling their products and get out of the business of selling their politics.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.