McDonald’s signs
onto ‘gay’ agenda
Family restaurant puts executive
on board of homosexual chamber

Posted: March 30, 2008
12:20 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
2008 WorldNetDaily

Following the link from the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce’s website leads to a promotional for children’s Happy Meals at the McDonalds website

McDonald’s restaurant’s, famed for the Golden Arches, Ronald McDonald and kids meals, has signed onto a nationwide effort to promote “gay” and “lesbian” business ventures.

The company, which is listed on the website of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce as a “corporate partner and organization ally” for an undisclosed financial contribution, also recently placed one of its executives on the NGLCC board of directors.

worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=60168

Corporate Partners

Corporate Partners
Through the commitment of our corporate partners, the NGLCC has been able to advance the ideas and causes of the LGBT business community. The following companies have supported NGLCC since our inception.

If you’d like to become a corporate partner, please contact us to request more information about partnership and sponsorship opportunities.

Founding Corporate Partners

IBM
Wells Fargo
JPMorganChase
Motorola Travelport
Intel
Wyndham Hotel Group
American Airlines
Lehman Brothers
American Express
Ernest & Young

Corporate Partners and Organizational Allies

Cisco Systems Avis Morgan Stanley
Intuit
Merck
MacDonalds
UPS
Sodex ho
Kodak
ING
Pepsico Coors Light
OfficeMax
Realogy
Century 21
Coldwell Banker
NRT
Coldwell Banker Commercial
Corcoran group real estate
Sotheby’s international realty
ERA real estate
Kimpton hotel
TRG resource group
Printing Methods
Xerox
Hyatt
here!
blue of California
La Crema
Line One Productions
Ramada worldwide
Human Rights Campaign Marriott
IGLTA
Olivia
RSVP
out & Equal workplace advocates
glee
Millennium hotels and resorts
FunMaps
Wingate Inn
Cartus
Orbitz
Starwood hotels and resorts
Replacements LTD
Johnson & Johnson

National Platinum Media Sponsors

the Advocate
out
OutTraveler
nglcc.org/ht/d/sp/i/213/pid/213

So, should gays never own a bussiness or have a lively hood? :confused:

They can’t recieve commuion my friend if they are practicing homosexuals, but they can get jobs, sheesh :rolleyes:

Actually I think this at least helps clear up where they stand.

About 17 years ago, I heard don’t go to McDonald’s because they support Planned Parenthood. Then another thing happened at Burger King and I heard, don’t to the Burger King for a similar reason.

I went to Wendy’s.

I also went to Subway and then I didn’t like their support of “Family Guy”.

I actually like it when it is clear cut. :smiley:

I agree. I don’t see the big deal here.

I’m not sure why homosexuals need a separate Chamber of Commerce :shrug: , but the fact that a business is owned by someone who is homosexual, or that a company supports homosexual-owned business is not in itself a problem.

Perhaps not, until they make it a part of an ‘agenda.’

Maybe your idea of an agenda is much too vague. The only homosexual idea of an agenda is one for equality (and I’m talking purely from a secular standpoint here when I term equality).

Thank you. And no I do not think it’s a problem either.

I don’t believe in getting paranoid about secert “agendas”.

I simply don’t buy into that rubbish. The catechism is clear on how we are to treat them.

The owners of McDonald’s have always been a strong promoters of abortion.

In what way?

If there is an “agenda,” yes, I believe the desire of many homosexual activists to make their relationships equivalent in society to that of a man and a woman. It isn’t equivalent, and IMO it never will be. From a secular standpoint, they may succeed (i.e. civil unions), but I don’t even believe that makes since from a secular viewpoint.

The family unit - Mom, Dad and kids - is something to be encouraged and sanctioned by the state. It is the best arrangement for all involved. Other arrangements, while the state shouldn’t necessarily forbid them, should not be made equivalent.

I don’t think it’s a problem either.

GAY AGENDA? Oh, please!

John

I’m not clear on what all the indignation is about the term “agenda.” Clearly, the homosexual activist groups have an agenda, or they wouldn’t be an organized group. :shrug:

Every group has an agenda.

I’m part of the ‘gay agenda’ you might say. I would like the following to not happen any more. Note all of these have happened to me, personally, before.

1.) Had companies do investigations of my background, out me, and fire me as a result

2.) Assault and battery for being ‘my kind’.

3.) Have the cops LAUGH at me and call my a ‘bleeping’ queen when I reported the incident above.

4.) Have emergency personnel refuse to touch me.

5.) Have emergency personnel laugh at me while semi-conscious when they saw the state of my ambiguous sexual characteristics.

6.) Not be thrown out by my landlord on the street because ‘all queers are drug addicts’.

7.) Not have insurance continually denied because my ‘lifestyle’ brings along too many medical expenses.

8.) Mocked and shunned to the point of feeling unwelcome at multiple Catholic Churches.

9.) Have my partner be able to visit me in the hospital. Contrary to people saying ‘no one would do that!’. They do it ALL THE TIME. Out of every non-straight couple I think half of them I know have been stopped visitation in the hospital.

10.) Be able to visit my partner in the hospital, his family has put a restraining order out against me, despite his verbal, written and prior statements to the contrary.

I would very much like these types of things to STOP. I don’t think these are special rights. I just want to work, live and make money like everyone else, but apparently that’s a special right.

You haven’t listed anything I would consider a special right. The only one tangentially related is #9, but that can be remedied without creating civil unions and/or “gay marriage.”

I have a legal agreement with my fiance written up, signed and okayed by a family lawyer. It takes several phone calls and about 24hours to actually get any progress on the actual legal document. The hospital will want faxed notarized copies and such direct from the legal offices ie: they won’t accept copies that I carry around in my purse. They want documents that are untampered.

We were also denied by the state to change our last names to be the same.

I guess they’re just searching for ‘equality’ when they force the schools to teach four-year-olds the joys and wonders of homosexual acts of perversion.

Please cite a source on this, for one, last time I checked I didn’t go to school until I was 5/6.

Why would it be surprising that a food chain who serves nothing but predominantly non nutritious junk food–serves french fries that take 102 days for one’s digestive system to break down–basically doesn’t care that it contributes to the obesity epidemic in this country, and now is on to making other countries unhealthy–supports something immoral? They have slowly jumped on the bandwagon of having yogurt parfaits, and salads, etc…but people don’t by and large go to Mickey D’s for a salad. LOL

So, I’m not surprised that a company who makes its living serving predominantly disgusting, junk food that isn’t even digestible in a normal period of time (who knows what’s in those fries, frankly) would support abortion, or anything else immoral. :shrug:

Okay, so in this thread we aren’t discussing “the gay agenda”, but the agenda of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, is that right?

Not much of a difference, and not very charitable to continue to confirm them in their sin.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.