Me and My Dad

My mom had a talk with me lately and told me that my dad is very hurt by some of the things I’ve said lately. She asked me what was the problem, and to be honest, I have no idea, and I told her this. This has been going on for at least a month. I’m leaving in 10 days for 6 weeks to go and work with some Carmelite Sisters, so I want to do something to mend our relationship. I’ve tried my best to try to make up for some of the stuff I’ve said and done, but it never really seems to be enough. Please pray that I don’t take out my impatience and anxiety on him, especially when he doesn’t deserve it. I would love to just stop, but this didn’t happen overnight, so stopping it will not either. :frowning: I’ve been to confession for this too, and I will continue to go until it stops. I pray that if something doesn’t happen before I leave, I hope to be better after my absence. As the quote says:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I wrote him a letter when he was on a retreat, apologizing for my actions and telling him that I love him, but he still talked to my mom… :imsorry:

Holding you both in my prayers and thoughts.

Bless you! :slight_smile:

You are in my prayers
:wink:
:gopray2:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Have you tried actually talking to your father? Sometimes the direct approach is the most effective.

Love through me
Our God, unless You love through me, I cannot love You above all, or cherish other persons, as Jesus loves me. Know, love and serve through me, for my attempts may be tainted with selfish responses or kindly mistakes.

Others’ logic and reality before You is mystery to me, for I have only my own consciousness. I know something of my sinfulness, yet what appears to be ‘sin’ in others may instead be a differing virtue, or a product of innocence or ignorance that only appears to be sin or error.

I ask You Who-Are-Love to be my love and service of others, welcoming everyone as Your beloved.

Hlp me to celebrate Your love, beauty and inspiration in others, even if it is obscure. Let Your Spirit fill my heart, mouth and prayer with gifts of Your love and truth for others. Let me be endowment of Your own self, Your sacrament, and our gentle Mother present to them. I ask this despite my evident failures in loving.

Please free me wholly into Your love, wisdom, and compassion. I wait humbly in my daily efforts, knowing that in Your mercy You will grant my prayer to love Yourself in me with all strength and being, and to love others in me with Jesus’ love.

Giving and receiving

Dear God, how may I serve others? How may I dispense comfort and blessing? Through Your love and knowledge of the hidden desires and needs of each person, please give me perception, compassion, generosity and means to meet others’ authentic needs, by prayer and act.

Our God, please serve through me beyond my interpretive faculties, beyond my sincere good will and my generous acts.

Your gifts are richer and more delightful than any dreamt of in human understanding. Touch and bless others, and let Your healing and peace flow to them. In their gladness and in their grief, give Yourself to them in my efforts and prayers united with the prayer and merit of Christ, His Mother, and the Angels and Saints.

Through Your grace I help me to develop wisdom and commonsense to serve others well. Fulfil my needs to overflowing with Your vitality and bounty, so that as I receive my giving is multiplied!

As **every good comes from You **so must all praise and thanksgiving return to You! In union with Your greatest gifts—our Saviour Jesus and Your Holy Spirit—I honour You for everything You have given and will give to each person in time and eternity!

Let such thankfulness atone in some measure for those who fear that good may depend primarily on their efforts, and for the ingratitude of those who never and those who seldom thank and praise You, God!

Forgiveness

How to ask forgiveness–
when one should have understood in gentle, forgiving silence?
Too much said instead, forfeiting trust, fracturing relationship,
betraying kindnesses and truths entrusted and shared.

Repentant heart–seeing so much
that could wound another beneath words spoken
or behind misjudgement or inappropriate deed
longs to embrace the other but can find no way.
Too many misapprehensions hold us apart.

I pray for a holy smile to break through
flaming from heart to heart
to consume misunderstanding, sin and pain.
Until then, must heart wait in humble sadness and silence?
Am I alone in poignant sense of loss?

I hurt whom I love–I who also am wronged,
because you cannot see how truly I love you.
But Lord, please touch and heal us!
Make us become sacrament of Yourself,
hearts purified, maturing in reciprocal love.

We neither of us intended hurt
Yet we caused each other pain…
My Love, please forgive me.
I forgive you.

The intention of the healing of your relationship with your Dad will be included in my daily rosaries, Masses and adoration interecesory prayers. Peace!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you both!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.